+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian PR wanting to get US B2 VISITOR VISA. Wondering?

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
Hi Everyone!
It's ok if no one wants to answer this because obviously it is a Canada Visa forum.lol.
But seeing that there is a lot of people here with experience in the US visa process as well
I will try my luck to ask. (PLEASE. :p)

Here is my situation, I just got my PR and my hubby is Canadian. I have been in Canada for 5 years.
I am from a country where I basically need a Visa to travel anywhere including the States.
I have been so annoyed because all this time that I have been with my hubby we could not
plan to travel with our friends to the states because I can't go. (I'm the party pooper.haha)
I always thought that having Canadian PR will help persuade them easier to give me a visitor visa, (Than being on a work permit.)
So I said I was gonna wait.

So soon after I landed, I scheduled an appointment to the US consulate for the interview for one.
In the application I said my husband was gonna pay for our trip.

Unfortunately my husband got laid off A month or so ago BUT we are currently waiting for the new job he got to send him a job offer.
So in short I do not have proof of the new job yet. He received EI, but only received it twice.

The appointment is on Tuesday!! What should I do?

My husband is a professional Engineer.
We own a home, 2 cars.- I can bring the title of the house. (Should I even bring proof of the vehicles?)
Have savings in the bank.-Can bring statements.
Also have a TFSA account each with some money in them.-Can bring statements as well.
I am self employed with a cleaning business but I only work part time. (Don't want to work a lot.LOL. Just kidding I'm doing online school courses part time. It is a local legit college.)-Can bring them as well as school tuition payment receipt and letter of acceptance.
I have records for my business and monthly schedule as proof that is on going.

Will this be enough?

Will it bother them that he is technically EI? Cause he has not started the new job yet?

Should I even tell them about the new job as I have no proof of it yet anyways.

Any input would help. Thank you!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Show your proofs that you would be returning to Canada at the back of your trip and finger crossed for the best.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
marsiangal said:
Hi Everyone!
It's ok if no one wants to answer this because obviously it is a Canada Visa forum.lol.
But seeing that there is a lot of people here with experience in the US visa process as well
I will try my luck to ask. (PLEASE. :p)

Here is my situation, I just got my PR and my hubby is Canadian. I have been in Canada for 5 years.
I am from a country where I basically need a Visa to travel anywhere including the States.
I have been so annoyed because all this time that I have been with my hubby we could not
plan to travel with our friends to the states because I can't go. (I'm the party pooper.haha)
I always thought that having Canadian PR will help persuade them easier to give me a visitor visa, (Than being on a work permit.)
So I said I was gonna wait.

So soon after I landed, I scheduled an appointment to the US consulate for the interview for one.
In the application I said my husband was gonna pay for our trip.

Unfortunately my husband got laid off A month or so ago BUT we are currently waiting for the new job he got to send him a job offer.
So in short I do not have proof of the new job yet. He received EI, but only received it twice.

The appointment is on Tuesday!! What should I do?

My husband is a professional Engineer.
We own a home, 2 cars.- I can bring the title of the house. (Should I even bring proof of the vehicles?)
Have savings in the bank.-Can bring statements.
Also have a TFSA account each with some money in them.-Can bring statements as well.
I am self employed with a cleaning business but I only work part time. (Don't want to work a lot.LOL. Just kidding I'm doing online school courses part time. It is a local legit college.)-Can bring them as well as school tuition payment receipt and letter of acceptance.
I have records for my business and monthly schedule as proof that is on going.

Will this be enough?

Will it bother them that he is technically EI? Cause he has not started the new job yet?

Should I even tell them about the new job as I have no proof of it yet anyways.

Any input would help. Thank you!
The most important factor in their decision making is your current job in Canada. The first question the visa officer will ask you is, What do you do in Canada? If you say you are a part time cleaner, it doesn't look good, more so--if you're from one of those third world countries. Your house, cars, bank accounts, etc. are secondary to this question.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
corazon3 said:
The most important factor in their decision making is your current job in Canada. The first question the visa officer will ask you is, What do you do in Canada? If you say you are a part time cleaner, it doesn't look good, more so--if you're from one of those third world countries. Your house, cars, bank accounts, etc. are secondary to this question.
Well, she can always say she to the visa officer that she is an owner of a cleaning business.

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
Thanks guys. I put in my husband as my primary sponsor. I am working and in school. I am doing these courses because I need them to be actually in College in January, I probably can show them the application acknowledgement letter if that helps.

Unfortunately I am from one of "those third world countries". :p

I just want to be able to go with my hubby and our friends for say example shopping trips or day trips across the border.

Let us see what happens, I am feeling positive. :)

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
Just an update guys! My visa got approved. :)