+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian PR holder not maintained Residency and company filed for LMO

kknl

Mar 16, 2009
Hi,

I am holding my Canadian PR but I didn't maintain my stay for 2 years and my PR got expired on FEB 2011.One of the company in Canada interested in taking me on permanent rolls and they issued Offer letter and they applied for LMO since I
was not having active PR card.

The company told me that I am allowed to come to canada after my LMO approval and then I can put forward an application to immigration authorities for my reactivation.

My question is,what are my chances on this situation,i am bit confused.How it works.

Can any body give your feed back on this.

thanks for the help

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kknl said:
Hi,

I am holding my Canadian PR but I didn't maintain my stay for 2 years and my PR got expired on FEB 2011.One of the company in Canada interested in taking me on permanent rolls and they issued Offer letter and they applied for LMO since I
was not having active PR card.

The company told me that I am allowed to come to canada after my LMO approval and then I can put forward an application to immigration authorities for my reactivation.

My question is,what are my chances on this situation,i am bit confused.How it works.

Can any body give your feed back on this.

thanks for the help
1. The company doesn't know what they are talking about.
2. Before CHC/CIC will issue you a work permit, you will have to voluntarily relinquish your PR status at an overseas office.
3. If you relinquish and then get a work permit, you would have to re-apply and qualify for PR status.