+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

canadian passport holder living in uk...HELP ?

colin.uk

Sep 4, 2008
hi my partner of 4 years has a canadian passport with the right of abode to live in the uk. she holds this through birth right of her father.
we are wanting to move to canada. Our children and i hold uk passports . do we come over as family sponsorship or can the children obtain canadian passports before we arrive and then i come over as a spouse sponsership. because my partner has not lived in canada for 38 yrs is she still classed as canadian and have the right to re enter the country. please help as we are not getting correct answers off the canadain website. as far as we worked out my partner is canadian and we can enter that way .

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your partner is a Canadian citizen, she should still be a Canadian citizen even after 38 years away from Canada. The only thing is if she was not Canadian born but inherited citizenship from a parent and never lived in Canada, she might have had to register somewhere before a certain age to keep her citizenship or whatever but I am sure if she has a current Canadian passport, that was not the case.

She should be able to register the children as Canadian citizens and get them passports. Talk to the Canadian embassy about that.

As for you, she needs to file for spousal sponsorship to get you permanent residency. She can do it from the UK but she would need to show that you are planning to move to Canada when you get your PR.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012