+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Non-Resident returning to Canada with Internal offer while working oversea

Steve_west

Dec 12, 2021
I am non-resident working outside Canada over 15 years. I am working out an internal offer back in Canada to look after my seniors. What happen if I want to work remotely outside Canada for a month so i can pack my bags, ship my things. How is taxation going to work? So i will be resident when i start work on Day 1 then can i still ship my things back to Canada Tax-Free ( i have some expensive watches and my wife with bags so i am worry if i do this remotely work).

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am non-resident working outside Canada over 15 years. I am working out an internal offer back in Canada to look after my seniors. What happen if I want to work remotely outside Canada for a month so i can pack my bags, ship my things. How is taxation going to work? So i will be resident when i start work on Day 1 then can i still ship my things back to Canada Tax-Free ( i have some expensive watches and my wife with bags so i am worry if i do this remotely work).
This is a customs issue and nothing to do with taxation.

On your first day of entering the country, show your prepared BS186a form to the CBSA officer you encountered and make sure he/she stamp the form. Thereafter each subsequent entering the country, you can have your accompany or goods to follow tax free (as long as those items are in the form). When all items have been brought, the officer will have the form marked complete.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf186a-eng.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you a citizen?