+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CANADIAN EXPERIENCE CLASS

coolsam

Jan 20, 2010
I was wondering if my job has to be related to my dregree or has to be in skill level 0, A or B in order for me to be able to apply for PR. I came to Canada as an international student. After my graduation in 2008 I started working as a customer service representative with a temporary work permit. Is there a way i can apply as an international student that graduated no matter what my current work position is? I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
coolsam said:
I was wondering if my job has to be related to my dregree or has to be in skill level 0, A or B in order for me to be able to apply for PR. I came to Canada as an international student. After my graduation in 2008 I started working as a customer service representative with a temporary work permit. Is there a way i can apply as an international student that graduated no matter what my current work position is? I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

To coolsam:

To apply under the CEC educational stream, your job does not have to be degree related but must be in Skill level O, A or B and must have at least one year experience.

Cheers:)

Tarry

coolsam

Jan 20, 2010
Thanks for your reponse Tarry

But There should be a category where i would be able to fit in. I've been looking up the Arranged employment but i really don't get it. Do you know if my current employer accepts to hire me on an inderminate basis, i then wold be able to apply for PR. Or it won't make any difference?

Thank you

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Arranged Employment thru the Federal Skilled Workers program also requires skill level O, A or B.

FSW- Category 3 requires only one year as a student, but does require proof of funds ($11K).

Also, depending on which province you live in, you could look into the provincial nominee programs, some accept lower skilled jobs... (Ontario does not).

coolsam

Jan 20, 2010
I'm in Edmonton though but looks like customer service doesn't fall under the lower skill category.

But I have a question. I've been looking the NOC and i did a search ander skill type 1(Finance, Administration...) and customer service came up with NOC code 1453. Is skill type 1 the same than skill A?

Thanks guys

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
No, they are not the same. Check out the NOC matrix:
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/html/Matrix.html

"Customer service rep" can mean a lot of things, you don't specify. So, which of these fit your position? (Job resposibilities are what count, not title...)
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/SearchKeywordResult.aspx?val11=customer+service&val12=0&val13=0&val14=&val15=0&val16=0

coolsam

Jan 20, 2010
You answers are very helpful.

I checked the link and seems like i'm under 1453 Customer Service, Information and Related Clerks. My title is associate field service support, like we dispatch technicians, place service calls.. but with the job description I think I would be in the category i mentionned.

You said that i can aplly as a FSW category 3 and I would need to have 11$k. Do I still need to have a skill work if I was to apply in that category too?

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Or possible 1475, but that's still skill level C.

There's a lot of requirements for the FSW program. You would not need current employment in a skilled occupation, but you would need to have had at least 1 year of full-time experience in a skilled occupation in the past 10 years (in your home country is OK).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

Saschi

Jan 27, 2010
Hello,

Can anyone help me w this question please?

After my masters degree I have worked for a Professor’s project and was paid by him personally (i.e. not through the University). If he provides me a letter of employment in his pad (with University letterhead) would that qualify as a valid work experience for CEC? I have almost 9 months full-time work experience (shown in my pay-stub from University), so it would be good for me if I could add those 3 months full-time equivalent work (done in 7 months, as part-time Research job) from that Prof.

Thanks in advance,
Saschi

plinda

Jan 28, 2010
Hi, I from Caracas, Venezuela. I want to go with my family to Vancouver to stay more than one year to study english. I can apply for the permanent resident after one year in the experience class category, just with my english studies or I need study something else.

Thank for your help

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
For the newbies - if your post is not related to the original post in a thread, you should start a new thread.

Saschi - maybe, perhaps if you can back it up with with a T4 or other tax documents. If

plinda - no, english as a second language will not count torwards the education requirements, either for the Canadian Experience Class or the Skilled Worker - Cat 3 class. You can read more here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLish/immigrate/cec/index.asp

RWAKAGABO

Apr 8, 2010
jes_ON said:
Arranged Employment thru the Federal Skilled Workers program also requires skill level O, A or B.

FSW- Category 3 requires only one year as a student, but does require proof of funds ($11K).

Also, depending on which province you live in, you could look into the provincial nominee programs, some accept lower skilled jobs... (Ontario does not).
:-[ :-[ :-[
:(