+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Experience Class with COVID19 situation

suzanpause

Aug 26, 2018
Hello everybody! I am currently with my open work permit through the Working Holiday Visa program. As you know to qualify for CEC we need to prove 12 months of 30 hours per week worked. The thing is: the company I work for has out us on lay off at least for 2 months because of COVID19. Do you know if the government will open exceptions or something like that? I am concern and I can't find any information about it on their website. I have already worked for 7 months and after this situation passes by I will continue work there.

Thank you!

Reactions: dipen135

dipen135

Jun 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
I am in the same situation and hoping government to make some exceptions. I have only 1 month of experience remaining before i can apply for express entry.

Reactions: suzanpause

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everybody! I am currently with my open work permit through the Working Holiday Visa program. As you know to qualify for CEC we need to prove 12 months of 30 hours per week worked. The thing is: the company I work for has out us on lay off at least for 2 months because of COVID19. Do you know if the government will open exceptions or something like that? I am concern and I can't find any information about it on their website. I have already worked for 7 months and after this situation passes by I will continue work there.

Thank you!
Short answer is that we don't know. No announcements regarding exceptions have been made at this time.

• Sad
Reactions: suzanpause

Augustiner

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
Can we claim Employment Insurance (EI)? From what I read from IRCC, it seems like it is about insurance for unemployment, but I don't know if it applies to foreign nationals?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Can we claim Employment Insurance (EI)? From what I read from IRCC, it seems like it is about insurance for unemployment, but I don't know if it applies to foreign nationals?
Temporary foreign workers can qualify. You are going to need to look at the various options yourself to see what you may qualify for.

Reactions: Augustiner

dipen135

Jun 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
If you have lost your job due to COVID 19, you will have to apply for Canada Emergency Response fund which should be available to apply from April. You will recieve $2000 every month for 4 months and after that if you still don't have job you can apply for EI.

https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/news/2020/03/introduces-canada-emergency-response-benefit-to-help-workers-and-businesses.html