+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Experience Class and Marriage Status

nectarine1410

Sep 28, 2013
Hello everyone,
I have sent my application for PR under Canadian Experience Class. It has been 6 months now. As I know, the whole process may take up to a year for approval. My situation is I'm dating a Canadian boyfriend, and we're talking about getting married. Should this be any problem for my immigration status? Will the wedding become a red flag for immigration office for fraudulent or delay my application any how?? Should I wait until I get the approval to move forward with the wedding?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kate

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
nectarine1410 said:
Hello everyone,
I have sent my application for PR under Canadian Experience Class. It has been 6 months now. As I know, the whole process may take up to a year for approval. My situation is I'm dating a Canadian boyfriend, and we're talking about getting married. Should this be any problem for my immigration status? Will the wedding become a red flag for immigration office for fraudulent or delay my application any how?? Should I wait until I get the approval to move forward with the wedding?

Kate
U will probably hear your decision in next 6 month...and you just have to update them with a status it wont have any effect on ur application

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
nectarine1410 said:
Hello everyone,

Kate
No, as your boyfriend is Canadian and you meet the CEC criteria there won't be any issues at all.
Make sure to email CIC as soon as you are officially married and inform them about the change in your family
status. I would email them a scan of your marriage certificate and maybe birth certificate of your boyfriend, to show
that he's Canadian and doesn't need to be included as a dependent in your PR application.
Mention your name, date of birth and file number ( AOR ) in the email so they can find your application.