Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
Hey Folks,

i am a Canadian Citizen from 2017. However, I have left Canada in 2019 January for some family issues back home. Haven’t had returned since then due to this COVID and other family issues.
Making a plan to travel for short span on October 2022.

Jusf wondering if members can shed lights on this. As I know the immigration form that we need to fill upon arrival asked us after how long we are returning to Canada. If it’s 3.5 years, will that ring a bell? Or should I land in NYC and drive myself in to Canada by land where I may not have to fill such forms but may be questioned the same by border agent.

advise please!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey Folks,

i am a Canadian Citizen from 2017. However, I have left Canada in 2019 January for some family issues back home. Haven’t had returned since then due to this COVID and other family issues.

Jusf wondering if members can shed lights on this. As I know the immigration form that we need to fill upon arrival asked us after how long we are returning to Canada. If it’s 3.5 years, will that ring a bell? Or should I land in NYC and drive myself in to Canada by land where I may not have to fill such forms but may be questioned the same by border agent.

advise please!!
It doesn't matter how you re-enter. As a Canadian citizen, you are free to remain outside of Canada for as long as you want. There are no restrictions.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hey Folks,

advise please!!
1 Your a Canadian citizen, you have the right to enter Canada, it doesn't matter how long you have been away. Just answer the question.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hey Folks,

advise please!!
I am surprised and honestly shocked by the lack of knowledge about your rights and duties as a Canadian citizen. Almost unbelievable...

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Folks,

advise please!!
There are no forms. Your knowledge is outdated.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
As notes, no issues being outside for longer and returning.

If you have personal effects you're shippimg later (and this can be basically all personal effects like household goods}, you'll need to look into customs declaration called the goods to follow form.

If the things you're bringing with you are the only things, no issues.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey Folks,

advise please!!
You do need to reapply for your health card even if your current one isn’t expired since you haven’t met the residency requirements to qualify for provincial healthcare.