+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Visitor Visa Applications from the US

AS15

Oct 8, 2021
Hi,
Starting this thread for visitor visa applications from the U.S.

Has anyone heard back on their visitor visa applications from the US submitted before September 7, 2021 for reasons such as visiting non-immediate family (cousins, uncles, nephews and nieces), friend, tourism etc?

Did anyone re-apply after September 7?

Please share timelines if possible.

ArijitRoy

Aug 8, 2019
I applied on May 27, 2021 but no updates since my biometrics in June 3rd. I re-applied today through the new IRCC portal so hoping there is some movement. My wife is in Canada on work permit, so I used reason as reunite with her. Hope this helps. I will keep you posted for updates on the new application.

Socho

Aug 3, 2020
I applied for a super visa from the US. It has been nothing but trouble and constant mistakes by IRCC. First they approved it. Then they revoked the approval. Then they required payment of $100 (visa exempt counties don't have to pay) and then refunded my payment after complaint. Then they requested the passport sent to a visa office. Then sent the passport back with a letter saying they made a mistake requesting the passport as visas are not issued in passports....so on and so forth. Seems the people working at IRCC don't know how to process visitor visas from the US.
Will be curious to hear your progress.

ArijitRoy

Aug 8, 2019
I am equally frustrated with their process, i created my account yesterday and was able to see my application number and initial forms. But today my application number disappeared and none of the hyper links work. Application number section now says not available.

abhishek93

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Applied on Sep. 8 after my previous TRV was cancelled due to their mistake (they assigned my UCI to someone else, too!). Biometrics already valid. No update after that.