+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada ,Usa Or uk

best875

Feb 13, 2010
which is the best country to live Canada ,Usa Or uk
which of them have best rules about health ,child education,passport,child benefit
and any other benefits.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I assume the health care is similar in Canada and the UK. You are automatically on health care and you never have to pay anything. In the US, I don't know if things are changing now with Obama care but the way it has been, you would have needed to buy your own health insurance which is expensive.

I don't think you can really compare child education in the different countries because it varies a lot between areas but I think they are all ok. A UK passport will allow you to live and work in any country of the EU or EEA which is most of Europe. Getting the passport may be another story. In Canada, if you get PR, you must stay for 3 years before you can apply for citizenship which takes another year. I don't know about the US and the UK. I have heard about a lot of people who won the US green card lottery and once you have the green card, I think it is 4 years before you can apply for citizenship. If you don't win the green card lottery, getting a green card can be difficult. I have seen a lot of people on this forum who have been on a work visa in the US for years and are having problems getting a green card.

qwerbilzak

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-11-2010
Med's Request
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Passport Req..
06-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
best875 said:
which is the best country to live Canada ,Usa Or uk
which of them have best rules about health ,child education,passport,child benefit
and any other benefits.
Avoid the US unless you are wealthy. All government services are being drastically cut.

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
qwerbilzak said:
Avoid the US unless you are wealthy. All government services are being drastically cut.
What government services do you think an average non-wealthy resident would miss?

qwerbilzak

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
18-11-2010
Med's Request
20-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
Passport Req..
06-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-12-2011
AllisonVSC said:
What government services do you think an average non-wealthy resident would miss?
It's hard to tell exactly where the axes will fall, since much of the cutting is broad-based and seems to leave pretty much everything in a lesser condition. And expect much more going forward.

Education is probably the current highest impact cut that affects familes who don't have the resources to avail themselves of private school educations. Everything's being cut there, from teachers to classes to after school activities to even entire schools. And class sizes are growing, resources for students like books, computers etc, dwindling. Public education is largely a faint shadow of its former self, and test scores show quickly deteriorating results for American public school students.

Then there are the big cuts in the funding for the govt. agencies like the FAA, which affect everyone who flies (cuts will mean modernization of safety equipment like the GPS-based navigation upgrades, won't happen in many cases, new facilities and equipment, etc.) Or the EPA charged with enforcement of the laws that protect people's physical environment like clean water and air (have you seen the videos of people's tap water catching fire because there's so much gas in it from the fracking going on in the vicinity?). Or the SEC, charged with protecting peoples' investment against fraudulent actors. Also I heard last night on the NewsHour that FEMA, the agency charged with helping out after big disasters, will get much less funding, and so it will take a much bigger disaster to generate any assistance at the federal level.

And of course health care, where medicaid and medicare reimbursement cuts mean that doctors are stopping taking these patients. I heard this from the mouth of my own doctor at my last appointment. And he's a very good, caring man. But his office simply can't afford to cover these people without reimbursement. And he's not sure what doctors will be able to manage it. Fewer and fewer going forward, certainly.

Social Security benefits and Medicare benefits will also be cut soon, as the congressional supercommittee (with Obama's stated blessing on such cuts) begins to do its work. So the elderly, already unable to earn a living, will be left further out in the cold.

And many, many other things.

I would recommend anyone looking to immigrate not consider the USA unless they are very, very sure they can take care of themselves in the manner they hope to, even into their old age, without the assistance of any public resources whatsoever.

But if you are in that category of wealth, there are some great real estate deals!

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
You will need to consider Australia too.
1. High average salary
2. Low unemployment rate compared to USA, UK and Canada
3. Almost free healthcare
4. Government lends money (interest free) to all university students that are permanent residents or citizens
5. Good climate
6. Housing boom. An increasing number of people with assets worth over one million these days.