+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR working in USA occasionally - what visa needed

venkat51286

Aug 1, 2017
Hi all, first of all many thanks to you for answering my other posts in these forums (you guys are awesome!). I am on H1B and have Canada PR and trying to move there. I was talking to a services company (who have office both in CA and USA) to do full time remote work from Canada. They asked it should be fine if I can occasionally travel to client sites in USA. Do I need H1 visa for random client work in USA or any different visa needed. I believe business visa is not meant for me (as I am a technical guy not involved in sales). Thanks in advance!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi all, first of all many thanks to you for answering my other posts in these forums (you guys are awesome!). I am on H1B and have Canada PR and trying to move there. I was talking to a services company (who have office both in CA and USA) to do full time remote work from Canada. They asked it should be fine if I can occasionally travel to client sites in USA. Do I need H1 visa for random client work in USA or any different visa needed. I believe business visa is not meant for me (as I am a technical guy not involved in sales). Thanks in advance!
It depends on the nature of that random client work.
If its just meetings and stuff and for few days in a month/quarter then B1 is fine.
if its going to be development/implementation at client side for few weeks frequently then H1 or L1 is necessary.
So its all based on the scope/nature, frequency and length of work.

Reactions: venkat51286

venkat51286

Aug 1, 2017
It depends on the nature of that random client work.
If its just meetings and stuff and for few days in a month/quarter then B1 is fine.
if its going to be development/implementation at client side for few weeks frequently then H1 or L1 is necessary.
So its all based on the scope/nature, frequency and length of work.
Thanks @harirajmohan I will get more details from them.