Sep 23, 2010
New Jersey
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have applied for my Canadian PR through AINP in 2008. I was on H1 Visa in USA and returned to India recently, since I exhausted six years of my H1. I have received my Passport Request 2 days back. I have completed my medicals in August, 2010. I have the following queries to all the experts here.

1) Since its more than 1 year now, since I completed my medicals, what will be the requirements now. In the Passport req1uest there is no mention of medicals to be redone. So after passport is stamped will they ask me to undergo medicals again?

2) Since I am currently in India, should I send my passport to my friend in US to send it across to the consulate for stamping or I should request them to transfer my case to India? What will be the good thing to do in this situation.

3) What is the normally1 expected landing timelines after stamping the passport? Will be there an immediate landing requirement in my case considering the situation as mentioned in point 1.

I need all of your expert advice in the above situation. Please guide me what should be the best course of action in my situation.

Thanks to all for your time and help in advance!!

Best Regards,
Shyamal Bhowmik

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

shyamal said:
Hi All,

I have applied for my Canadian PR through AINP in 2008. I was on H1 Visa in USA and returned to India recently, since I exhausted six years of my H1. I have received my Passport Request 2 days back. I have completed my medicals in August, 2010. I have the following queries to all the experts here.

1) Since its more than 1 year now, since I completed my medicals, what will be the requirements now. In the Passport req1uest there is no mention of medicals to be redone. So after passport is stamped will they ask me to undergo medicals again?

2) Since I am currently in India, should I send my passport to my friend in US to send it across to the consulate for stamping or I should request them to transfer my case to India? What will be the good thing to do in this situation.

3) What is the normally1 expected landing timelines after stamping the passport? Will be there an immediate landing requirement in my case considering the situation as mentioned in point 1.

I need all of your expert advice in the above situation. Please guide me what should be the best course of action in my situation.

Thanks to all for your time and help in advance!!

Best Regards,
Shyamal Bhowmik
1. Yes you will require another medical, and it will be before the visa is issued.
2. Buffalo won't transfer the application, so it will be up to you to get the passport back and forth from the US>
3. As you will have to have a re medical, your visa will be valid for 1 year from the new medical.
4. It is odd that Buffalo requested your passport, unless they require it for their background checks. New Delhi requests passport 3/4 months before they issue a visa.

shyamal

Sep 23, 2010
New Jersey
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi PMM,

Thanks a ton for your quick response in this matter!

If I have to get my medicals re done, can it be from India now. My earlier medicals were done in US? Please advise.
Regards
Shyamal

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

shyamal said:
Hi PMM,

Thanks a ton for your quick response in this matter!

If I have to get my medicals re done, can it be from India now. My earlier medicals were done in US? Please advise.
Regards
Shyamal
Yes, you can do them at any DMP in the world. Just ensure that the visa office on the medical form states Buffalo.