+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada is divided in to 308 or 338 electoral districts --- Citizenship Test??

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hello Experts!

I am really looking for an experience based answer here. I have searched the forum and I am seeing mixed responses - some people are saying that what Discover Canada is saying (308) should be considered. While others saying if option has 338 and 308 both - select 338.

Now I am worried and confused.

Is there anyone here who really got this question in their test and knows what to answer here?

This thread can really help people like myself. If you have got this question, please leave a reply.

Thanks in advance!

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
308 is the answer. Not given the test.. but I have been attending sessions with YMCA and they said similar thing for population though the population has increased since the time book was printed you have to choose 34 million only for population. So my guess is 308 per the book is the answer they expect

Reactions: myra20sharma

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hello Experts!

I am really looking for an experience based answer here. I have searched the forum and I am seeing mixed responses - some people are saying that what Discover Canada is saying (308) should be considered. While others saying if option has 338 and 308 both - select 338.

Now I am worried and confused.

Is there anyone here who really got this question in their test and knows what to answer here?

This thread can really help people like myself. If you have got this question, please leave a reply.

Thanks in advance!
Just stick to what it says in the book.

Reactions: myra20sharma

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
https://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?section=res&dir=cir/list&document=index338&lang=e#change

Quote from above:
“Federal electoral district boundaries were last revised following the release of the 2011 Census population numbers, which had led to an increase in the number of House of Commons seats from 308 to 338. The representation order that confirmed the new boundaries was made official on October 5, 2013. It will be in effect for a federal general election called any time after May 1, 2014.”

https://www.elections.ca/content.aspx?section=res&dir=cir/red&document=index&lang=e

Quote from above:
“The Constitution of Canada requires that federal electoral districts be reviewed after each decennial (10-year) census to reflect changes and movements in Canada's population. The current federal redistribution process began in October 2021……
You can view the maps of the 338 current electoral districts. Note that commissions were not required for Nunavut, Northwest Territories, and Yukon, because each territory is a single electoral district.”