Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
will apply in JULY 2013
Hi, I had lived in Canada on student visa for 10 months in the past (my study visa was issued for total time period for 27 months Multi-entry, 27 months stamp), and during that time-period I finished one semester completely of master's degree, and left next semester in-between and returned to India due to family problems. I did not even told to university and to any Canadian visa authorities. Later on university sent me email to apply for withdrawal from Master degree as I did not wrote / appeared in any exams in second semester and returned to India, and never returned back. I just returned back without informing university and Canadian embassy. I just quit that master's degree in-between.

Now I have few questions, please reply to each questions and share your views and please advise me.
1. Will they bar or ban me for any further entry to Canada in future on any other visa (temporary visa, permanent resident immigration application) ?
2. If someone left Master's degree in-between and return to India / home country without informing anyone, does that mean he or she had broken immigration laws, rules, or study permit rules ? In such condition, If he qualify, and want to apply for immigration in future will they reject permanent residence application on the basis that He or she had not finished Master's degree and returned to their home country / country of origin.
I had not stayed overtime, I just left Canada after 10 months. I did not get any letter from Immigration authorities regarding anything till date. I did not commit any crime, nor broken any law in Canada while during 10 months stay as student visa.
3. During that time, when I applied for student visa application, I mentioned I do not have any relatives in Canada, but now a time no such column is mentioned in student visa application. So, should I show relative this time during Canadian federal fast track immigration this time, as I can get 5 points towards blood-relative.
Please advise and guide me. I am also consulting immigration lawyer, but your suggestions are also value-able guys.
Thanks.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
There is nothing from the immigration perspective that requires you stay for the duration of your visa. Immigration's concern is that you do not stay too long and from what you describe you did not. The University might not be happy with you, but that has no bearing on immigration status. Similarly, it should not count against you with respect to PR - you didn't overstay, so you didn't break the law.

If you have family in Canada now, you should certainly indicate that on any application you file - it is imperative that you be truthful on your applications, as the penalty for misrepresentation is serious.