+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you renew your passport once you get your PPR?

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
If you get a new passport after PPR email, you can submit the new passport to Embassy for Visa Stamping. VFS accepts it.
I am in the same situation. I renewed my daughters passport after getting PPR it will take a week to get back the new passport. My question is how do I update IRCC about this. Should I update using webform sending new passport with LOE and send old passport copy new passport with LOE for stamping?

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
Hello. I am in the same situation. But I renewed my daughter's Passport right after getting Passport request for copr stamping.
Right now I have submitted the passport and today got an update in gckey account that it has been approved, but with old passport number! Now am worried whether they will issue visa on new passport with the old passport number.
Can anyone help me. I am totally confused.
Any updates?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I am in the same situation. I renewed my daughters passport after getting PPR it will take a week to get back the new passport. My question is how do I update IRCC about this. Should I update using webform sending new passport with LOE and send old passport copy new passport with LOE for stamping?
If you have received PPR email for your daughters, just submit the old and new passport together at VFS for visa stamping. No need to inform IRCC about it.

If you haven't received PPR email for your daughters, then you can update IRCC through a webform

Here is the procedure : https://immigrationwithme.com/how-to-submit-a-webform/

Reactions: trkm93

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
If you have received PPR email for your daughters, just submit the old and new passport together at VFS for visa stamping. No need to inform IRCC about it.

If you haven't received PPR email for your daughters, then you can update IRCC through a webform

Here is the procedure : https://immigrationwithme.com/how-to-submit-a-webform/
Thanks for the response. So, I just send old and new passport together with LOE for stamping? or do you think I should send copy of old passport along with new passport and a LOE? Just to be sure, no need to update via webform since we already got PPR, right?
And yes, we already received PPR, my daughter passport was expiring in 2025, to avail full VISA validity I renewed her passport so we could get full validity till 2027 like mine and spouse's VISA.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thanks for the response. So, I just send old and new passport together with LOE for stamping? or do you think I should send copy of old passport along with new passport and a LOE? Just to be sure, no need to update via webform since we already got PPR, right?
And yes, we already received PPR, my daughter passport was expiring in 2025, to avail full VISA validity I renewed her passport so we could get full validity till 2027 like mine and spouse's VISA.
No need of an LOE. just submit old and new passports together. dont sent copy

send originals.

Reactions: trkm93

Rahil Khan

Star Member
Jan 22, 2023
No need of an LOE. just submit old and new passports together. dont sent copy

send originals.
Hello Bro, Need urgent help
My passport was near to expiry while my decision was pending for study permit so I renewed my passport and send it to IRCC through web form before 1 month of getting PPR and told them to update it... now I submitted my passport on 20thDecember for stamping but today I received document details on my GC portal and I also got my LOI but there the expiry details are of my previous passport i'm really worried need your help