+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we plan a baby in Canada after getting a permanent resident card of Canada.

aanch_sood

Sep 22, 2014
Hi,

My husband is filing for PR for Canada under the federal skilled worker program in a couple of weeks. He is the principal applicant and I am the dependent spouse. We plan to move to Canada after receiving the PR and a suitable job offer. I have heard from someone that there is a condition that the new PR holders who settle in Canada cannot plan a baby for the next two years.

Can please someone confirm if this is actually true and can perhaps, guide me to a relevant link about these matters.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no such rule, maybe if you plan to immigrate to China they might have something like that. Maybe that someone mixed up the two countries cause both start with the letter C and end with the letter A :p

Ms. Ley

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Gods perfect timing..
Yes you can have a baby or even babies if u want too.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
aanch_sood said:
I have heard from someone that there is a condition that the new PR holders who settle in Canada cannot plan a baby for the next two years.
Completely wrong. No rule even close to resembling that.

The only concern about having a baby is ensuring you have provincial healthcare. In some provinces (like Alberta) it's instant, in others (like Ontario) there's a 3 months wait to get healthcare after landing as a PR. So plan accordingly.

Ms. Ley

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Gods perfect timing..
buliwyf said:
You and your husband can make 13 babies right away, if you like.

Hahaha

Yea right. Its best if ur planning to have A baby just wait and have it in canada .. It will become citizens of ca right Away.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buliwyf said:
You and your husband can make 13 babies right away, if you like.
You can make more than 13 babies with multiple men married, un-married, live together, common law, no law, no restrictions, no discrimination, no problems, no harassment