FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
Hi every one
One of my friend have six months trp and open work permit and he got AOR under cec file .file is in process .and his trp going to expire in july end.so can he apply bowp? if yes then which way he can apply paper or online ?

Please please advise

peace365

Star Member
May 22, 2014
trp? It should be TRV. Isn't it?
TRV is required to cross the border if he is coming back to Canada from a country other than USA. It has got nothing to do with BOWP. When does his open work permit expire?

To be eligible for a BOWP, the following parameters must be met:

The foreign national is currently in Canada;
They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;
They are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWP, the CEC, the PNP or the FSTP;
They have received a positive eligibility assessment on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
They have made application for an open WP.

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
peace365 said:
trp? It should be TRV. Isn't it?
TRV is required to cross the border if he is coming back to Canada from a country other than USA. It has got nothing to do with BOWP. When does his open work permit expire?

To be eligible for a BOWP, the following parameters must be met:

The foreign national is currently in Canada;
They have valid status on a WP that is due to expire within 4 months;
They are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWP, the CEC, the PNP or the FSTP;
They have received a positive eligibility assessment on their PR application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
They have made application for an open WP.
thanks reply peace365 no actually he on trp not trv
I knew trv is visitor status but he got trp with open work permit and his status of trp going to expire in july end he lost his status in 2013 but not his fault his company shut down and his lmo got denie so he applied by humanitarian based extention and he got trp and open work permit .so please based on this scenario can he eligible for bowp or not please advise I will be helpful for him

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
rajjj said:
I knew trv is visitor status but he got trp with open work permit and his status of trp going to expire in july end he lost his status in 2013 but not his fault his company shut down and his lmo got denie so he applied by humanitarian based extention and he got trp and open work permit .so please based on this scenario can he eligible for bowp or not please advise it will be helpful for him

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
rajjj said:
I knew trv is visitor status but he got trp with open work permit and his status of trp going to expire in july end he lost his status in 2013 but not his fault his company shut down and his lmo got denie so he applied by humanitarian based extention and he got trp and open work permit .so please based on this scenario can he eligible for bowp or not please advise I will be helpful for him
Hey Rajjj,

This is a tough cookie! I don't know jack about Humanitarian basis! All I can say is that if he meets the requirements for a BOPW as peace365 mentioned he can always file it in. Worst comes to worst he can extend his 6 months again, I am pretty sure he will get the TRP and the OWP again till the PR processing gets finished.

Good luck

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
rezafc said:
Hey Rajjj,

This is a tough cookie! I don't know jack about Humanitarian basis! All I can say is that if he meets the requirements for a BOPW as peace365 mentioned he can always file it in. Worst comes to worst he can extend his 6 months again, I am pretty sure he will get the TRP and the OWP again till the PR processing gets finished.

Good luck
thank for reply it's really helpful .yes he got aor and his file is in process and amazing part is that when he had not status and applied for trp still his file in processing so can he apply trp and own ?
Please advise

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
rajjj said:
thank for reply it's really helpful .yes he got aor and his file is in process and amazing part is that when he had not status and applied for trp still his file in processing so can he apply trp and own ?
Please advise
As I mentioned before I don't know anything about humanitarian basis, and I don't know how he obtained both TRP and OWP! This is the first time I am hearing this! As far as I know the TRP is extendable until a decision has been made on PR application. Your best chance is to speak to a CIC officer on the phone or a lawyer. They should be able to give you an answer.

Please don't rely on my words, I'm just trying to share my knowledge, and my own experience.