+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can tourist visa study a short-term course in Canada without telling the embassy

peterone

Apr 13, 2008
Hi, my girlfriend has already got a tourist visa of Canada (Multiple Entry V-1) already by telling the embassy that she will come to travel with me who got PR. So, the embassy gave her for 6 months. (She didn't tell the embassy to take short-term study which is less than 6 months)

1. Is it OK if we apply for a short-term course and tell the immigration when we arrive Canada that we will stay around 2-3 months for traveling and looking for a university (because she plan to move to study here) and also may take a short-term English course (We have letter of acceptance for 12 weeks part-time study). So, we have the full length we want ?

Or we should not tell the immigration about short-term studying. And, we say only traveling and looking for a university which take around 1 month. If we don't tell, they will give us 6 months stamp to stay. Or they may give us only 1 month ?

This also effects on my ticket date that I need to book on what I will say.

2. Usually, Canada Immigration stamps for 6 months in standard of tourist visa ?

Thanks a lot for every comment.

Suave

Mar 24, 2008
I personaly dont need a visitor visa for canada, Im a Mexican citizen, but i do know that i CAN go to school for less than 6 months without a visa, yes visitors are allowed for 6 months ona regular basis... but my best guess is you are fine take the class and go home before the 6 months are up