+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can Startup Visa Founder have another side job?

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Any of the Startup Founders on the group who have another side job and are moonlighting on their startup?

If yes, then did you have to disclose your side job in the SUV application to IRCC? I am helping another startup in which one of the founder's has a side job, but they are also fully involved with the startup. Does this negatively impact them?

Any founders who have experience with this, can you please share your insights.

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Any of the Startup Founders on the group who have another side job and are moonlighting on their startup?

If yes, then did you have to disclose your side job in the SUV application to IRCC? I am helping another startup in which one of the founder's has a side job, but they are also fully involved with the startup. Does this negatively impact them?

Any founders who have experience with this, can you please share your insights.
If the startup founder is on SUV work-permit, side job is not allowed as the permit is not open, however if the founder already has the PR then they may work for multiple businesses.

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
If the startup founder is on SUV work-permit, side job is not allowed as the permit is not open, however if the founder already has the PR then they may work for multiple businesses.
Just to clarify, I am asking while the founder are still in their home country and have not received WP and PR. Basically, like all startup founders who moonlight or pickup side gigs to pay the bills before their startup starts generating revenue.

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Just to clarify, I am asking while the founder are still in their home country and have not received WP and PR. Basically, like all startup founders who moonlight or pickup side gigs to pay the bills before their startup starts generating revenue.
You can do as many jobs as you like as the Canadian laws are not applicable to your home country.