+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can spouse & children join me in Canada after getting Study Visa

babymali

Apr 5, 2014
Hi all. I am in the process of applying for a study permit, and I am contemplating my options. I initially planned to go alone and then have my spouse and 2 young children join me, some months or a year after. Is this likely to be approved by CIC or do they frown on that sort of thing? I am now contemplating having my spouse apply with me on open work permit, but I'm worried CIC might not approve TRV for kids if both of us are in Canada. Just trying to see what my best options are, as my program lasts for 2 years, and I don't want to be without my family for the entire 2 years. Any thoughts?

babymali

Apr 5, 2014
Regina said:
Nobody could guarantee any of VO solution in any of your supposed cases.
My post mentioned nothing about guarantees. I clearly asked what is LIKELY, and I have seen persons offering opinions about the likelihood of approvals or rejections all the time on this forum. I also asked for THOUGHTS on the issue, i.e. what do you THINK might be the response in any of these cases. I believe this forum is for us to share HELPFUL advice and information to help each other through the process. Thanks for your response, but unfortunately it was not at all helpful, did not answer any of my questions and rather came off as snarky - which I'm hoping was not deliberate.

Does anyone wish to offer any HELPFUL thoughts on how you think the VO could view any of my scenarios, to help me make a decision on how to proceed?

razanain

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
Med's Request
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
babymali said:
Hi all. I am in the process of applying for a study permit, and I am contemplating my options. I initially planned to go alone and then have my spouse and 2 young children join me, some months or a year after. Is this likely to be approved by CIC or do they frown on that sort of thing? I am now contemplating having my spouse apply with me on open work permit, but I'm worried CIC might not approve TRV for kids if both of us are in Canada. Just trying to see what my best options are, as my program lasts for 2 years, and I don't want to be without my family for the entire 2 years. Any thoughts?
It would be best if you apply for yourself first and then after getting visa apply for your spouse and children once you're in Canada, as it would be a good point for showing home ties to VO at the time of your study permit application.

sam89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
its better to apply all together and shows your true intentions , VO is human like us , and its difficult to believe that you going for studies and leaving your family behind,
need solid justification.