+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my wife enter Canada while PR is being processed?

dustinkeller

Feb 17, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-10
I'm a Canadian citizen that has been living in the US for the past 10 years.

I recently got a job in Toronto that starts May 1st 2010.

My wife is an American citizen and we are getting her application together for the PR visa.

What is the situation with her moving with me mid-April if her PR visa is still being processed?

Any information would be very helpful. Thank you,
Dustin

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
This question is similar to mine, so I don't have an answer about if it's ok to full on 'move' in and settle down (at least to the border crossing people's knowledge). However, the cic website does say that one of the main advantages of an outland visa is that you can come and go from Canada as you please. US citizens can stay in Canada up to 6 months without having a visa or anything, so she should be able to visit and spend most of her time up there while the papers are being processed. That's what I plan on doing! :)

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
yes she can,

i came to live with my husband while my pr was still in process, get the border people to stamp her passport, take all your correspondance from immigration(especially the letter stating ur approved to sponsor would help if u had that by then) every experience is different,

my husband and his brother came and got me and my three kids, we had two car loads of clothes, tv,xbox,etc and my husband showed them the approval letter and said i was comming to stay with him until immigation was finalized. i got them to stamp my passport in case i had to send off for an extenstion.which by the way u can do that, i think ur allowed 6 months in canada and if you havent finished with ur PR u can send off for an extension.she wont be able to work or anything until landed. if you have kids they can still goto school, without study visa. anyway i hope this helps you.

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
Keep in mind the stamp at the border is only a vistiros visa. She will not be entitled to work in canada.