+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my spouse work, she is on dependent visa and i am on work permit

pjain1976

Jun 8, 2008
Please clarify me on below questions.Thanks in advance.
I am on work permit which is valid 5 more months in canada and my spouse is also with me as dependent.
Can she work on dependednt visa or she need to apply work permit?
If she need to apply work permit, what is procedure? as my work permit is valid till Nov 2008 (5 more monts), can we apply for work permit now or do i need to extend my work permit and than apply for her work permit

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pjain1976 said:
Please clarify me on below questions.Thanks in advance.
I am on work permit which is valid 5 more months in canada and my spouse is also with me as dependent.
Can she work on dependednt visa or she need to apply work permit?
If she need to apply work permit, what is procedure? as my work permit is valid till Nov 2008 (5 more monts), can we apply for work permit now or do i need to extend my work permit and than apply for her work permit
1. She has to apply for an open spousal work permit to Vegreville (assuming she is in Canada)
2. Your work permit has to be in skill level A,B or O of the NOC http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC-CNP/app/index.aspx?lc=e find you job description and then check it on the Matrix by the first 3 numbers http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC-CNP/docs/Matrix_Poster_English.pdf

PMM

bramyah

Star Member
Jan 26, 2007
Hi PMM,

Thanks in advance for all your valuable suggestions. Please guide me for my scenario. Thanks!

I am here on work permit and working in IT profession. My WP is expiring this month and going to apply for extension of my work permit (To Vegreville).

My question is about spousal work permit.

My spouse is back in India. Is it possible for me to include her name (for work permit), while applying for my extension?? If not what is the procedure to do?

I already filed for my PR with spouse details... Will this affect my WP extension. Please let me konw your comments...

Rams

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bramyah said:
Hi PMM,

Thanks in advance for all your valuable suggestions. Please guide me for my scenario. Thanks!

I am here on work permit and working in IT profession. My WP is expiring this month and going to apply for extension of my work permit (To Vegreville).

My question is about spousal work permit.

My spouse is back in India. Is it possible for me to include her name (for work permit), while applying for my extension?? If not what is the procedure to do?

I already filed for my PR with spouse details... Will this affect my WP extension. Please let me konw your comments...

Rams
She would have to apply in India for a Spousal Work Permit and TRV. She would need a copy of your extended work permit and proof of marriage.

craving_soul

Star Member
Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02-03-2012
Med's Request
27-03-2012
Med's Done....
03-05-2012
Hi,
i am looking for some help.

recently got married and my spouse is in india.
i am on WP in canada(skilled worker class).

what visa do i need to apply for her? is it TRV?

do we face any problem in getting TRV?

which one is safe TRV or WP for my spouse?

thanks for the help

Nov 19, 2014
My wife has got work permit + I have got TRV, how shud I apply for Open work per

Hi All,

My wife has got a work permit for canada. And her company applied for my TRV + work permit together. I got my passport yesterday with TRV but there is no information on my work permit. Pls suggest, what can happen to my work permit. OR do I need to apply for my open work permit once I reach Canada OR should I apply for it when in India..

Guys pls suggest the best available options... Thanks guys

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Re: My wife has got work permit + I have got TRV, how shud I apply for Open work per

punjabibynature said:
Hi All,

My wife has got a work permit for canada. And her company applied for my TRV + work permit together. I got my passport yesterday with TRV but there is no information on my work permit. Pls suggest, what can happen to my work permit. OR do I need to apply for my open work permit once I reach Canada OR should I apply for it when in India..

Guys pls suggest the best available options... Thanks guys
The work permit would be issued when you arrive in Canada. You need to present the letter received from Canadian High Commission to receive the work permit.