+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my aunt sponsor me to immigrate to Canada?

Isabelacn

Dec 3, 2020
Hello!
I've read about the Sponsorship Program, but I'm still not sure if my aunt can be my sponsor to immigrate to Canada. She is a Canadian Citizen, she lives in Quebec, and she is a widow and doesn't have any family there. All her relatives live in Cuba, including me (her niece), her parents and her siblings. She has a job in Quebec and is willing to help me to move there with her. I will have there a house to stay and all her financial help, but I will immediately find a job so I could also be financially independent. So, my question is: Is that possible?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello!
I've read about the Sponsorship Program, but I'm still not sure if my aunt can be my sponsor to immigrate to Canada. She is a Canadian Citizen, she lives in Quebec, and she is a widow and doesn't have any family there. All her relatives live in Cuba, including me (her niece), her parents and her siblings. She has a job in Quebec and is willing to help me to move there with her. I will have there a house to stay and all her financial help, but I will immediately find a job so I could also be financially independent. So, my question is: Is that possible?
So according to your information, no. She cannot sponsor you as other family members.
Her parents are alive and live in Cuba.