+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I work in Ontario and live in Quebec?

xenopus

Nov 20, 2020
Hi all

I currently live and work in Ontario with a Work Permit but I'm thinking of moving to Quebec.
Is this allowed? I would be working remotely for the same employer and commuting regularly into Ontario.

My work permit states "Not authorized to work in any location other than stated", does this mean I have to live where I work?

Thanks!!

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
This is my situation. I am working remotely in Toronto but I want to move to London. DId you ever find out if this is possible?

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hi all

I currently live and work in Ontario with a Work Permit but I'm thinking of moving to Quebec.
Is this allowed? I would be working remotely for the same employer and commuting regularly into Ontario.

My work permit states "Not authorized to work in any location other than stated", does this mean I have to live where I work?

Thanks!!
As it is stated in your work permit "Not authorized to work in any location other than stated", simply you cannot work in Quebec for the same employer.

In order to work in Quebec, besides a new work permit, you will need to apply for CAQ as well, unless your job is LMIA exempted.