Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
March 2010
Hi All ,

I recently filed spousal sponsorship application for my husband(outland) and wanted to visit him , like after 6 months or so.
Is it possible to pay him a visit, just for a few weeks ?

Thanks for your help.

-S

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Hi,

Twice, me and my wife visited canada and stayed couple of months here, during the process of our PR application, on visit visa.
saggit19 said:
Hi All ,

I recently filed spousal sponsorship application for my husband(outland) and wanted to visit him , like after 6 months or so.
Is it possible to pay him a visit, just for a few weeks ?

Thanks for your help.

-S

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm a little confused based on the previous answers. It sounds to me like you are the sponsor, your husband is the applicant and you want to visit him in his country, correct? If that's the case then it's definitely no problem for you to visit him. But you mentioned that you planned to do this after about 6 months. What visa office are you dealing with?

saggit19

Jan 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
March 2010
@ariell: Thanks a lot. You understood my question correctly. It is CHC Islamabad and I have heard they take around 1 year for the whole process of sponsorship.

@wilson: What I meant was that could I visit my spouse in his home country, coz I am already living in Canada. Thanks anyways for your prompt reply.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saggit19 said:
@ ariell: Thanks a lot. You understood my question correctly. It is CHC Islamabad and I have heard they take around 1 year for the whole process of sponsorship.
Right. But it can be less. Currently Islamabad is processing applications in 7-14 months, so hopefully your husband's application will be processed on the shorter end of that. Good luck.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Go visit him, and document the visit. it will add evidence that you have a genuine marriage, which you will need to prove.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

canadianwoman said:
Go visit him, and document the visit. it will add evidence that you have a genuine marriage, which you will need to prove.
Please note that if the OP is a PR, the she has to remain in Canada for the processing of her spouses visa.

PMM