+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I submit my passport to the Canadian visa office in Vienna directly?

QingQianHe

Jan 27, 2016
Hi everyone, I have one question about where to submit my passport.
I am Chinese, but currently study in the Netherlands. I am applying Canada visa in recent days. Yesterday I received an letter which asks me to send my passport to them. On the CIC website, I found that there are two items, which are "Submit your passport at the visa application centre (it recomend visa application centre in Dusseldorf in Germany) " and "Submit your passport at the visa office (the address shows it is in Vienna in Austria)". I am a little puzzled, that which one I should send my passport to? Can I submit my passport to Canadia visa office in Vienna directly? Or I have to send it to visa application centre in Dusseldorf in Germany? are they any difference?

Thank you!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
QingQianHe said:
Hi everyone, I have one question about where to submit my passport.
I am Chinese, but currently study in the Netherlands. I am applying Canada visa in recent days. Yesterday I received an letter which asks me to send my passport to them. On the CIC website, I found that there are two items, which are "Submit your passport at the visa application centre (it recomend visa application centre in Dusseldorf in Germany) " and "Submit your passport at the visa office (the address shows it is in Vienna in Austria)". I am a little puzzled, that which one I should send my passport to? Can I submit my passport to Canadia visa office in Vienna directly? Or I have to send it to visa application centre in Dusseldorf in Germany? are they any difference?

Thank you!
The letter says where to mail it to.

Maqsood

May 24, 2016
Hi Jalex23,

So how did it go? I'm in the same situation now. I'm in Netherlands and I need to send my passport to the embassy in Vienna. I need to get my passport back in 10 days as I have a trip planned for next week. Do you remember how long it took for you to get it back from the embassy? Thanks!