+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I leave the country on a temporary work permit?

Martine

Apr 6, 2010
Hi all

I just moved to Canada with my husband who's here on a skilled worker permit. Since I'm accompanying him, I got a temporary work permit. But I have to go back to Norway for an exam in June. My work permit is for three years. Is it okay to travel outside the country in this time or am I stuck here?

If I leave the country, will I be able to return? Will my work permit be revoked? I have to leave in June or my college degree will be invalid. How do I make sure that nothing goes wrong here?

Thanks!

saruacharya

Mar 22, 2010
Yes, you can leave the country, provided that you have multiple entry valid visa or passport from the country which does not require visa to enter Canada.

Good luck with your exam!
Saru

Martine

Apr 6, 2010
How do I see on my visa whether or not it's a multiple entry visa? It says: "Permis de travail" and "Ceci n'autorise pas la rentree."

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Martine said:
How do I see on my visa whether or not it's a multiple entry visa? It says: "Permis de travail" and "Ceci n'autorise pas la rentree."
In your case it doesn't matter as you are a Norwegian citizen and don't require a visitor visa (TRV) to return to Canada.