+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i have two vehicles on "To follow List" and drive one of them while landing

cheerup

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I am landing Canada next week with my family of five. I am wondering if i could have two cars listed on " Items to follow" list. Are two cars a problem?. Also what if i drive one of those cars while i land first time?. Would they ask why not am i importing that car when landing?. I would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
cheerup said:
Hello everyone,

I am landing Canada next week with my family of five. I am wondering if i could have two cars listed on " Items to follow" list. Are two cars a problem?. Also what if i drive one of those cars while i land first time?. Would they ask why not am i importing that car when landing?. I would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.
1 you can import your first car while landing and import the second card later;or you do not import either of them in your landing, just list them on the follow forms b4a.
2.you need a lot paper work to be done before you can import your first car, are you ready for them? such as faxing to US office, title, insurance, registration etc.
3. you are from US right?
4 share your importing experience since I am going to import 2 cars later.i already landed without importing cars.

IslandAnnie

Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2012
AOR Received.
29-11-2012
File Transfer...
29-11-2012
Med's Done....
14-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 never received, pp submitted 09-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Yes, please share the details with us! We are still a long way from Landing (just ready to send off our Outland application this week) but we are already talking and planning as to how we will bring our 2 vehciles (one car, one truck) and our travel trailer. We've been reading here about all the advance planning necessary. We already know of a modification needed to our car - we will be getting that done early in the New Year.

Good luck!
Annie

cheerup

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your replies. My immigratoin process spreads over three years start to visa stamp. I was frustated first but very happy now, you know why :). I am moving my family to Ontario but I am staying in NY as i have a good job here. Children will finish their college and see what they want to do with their lives, either in Canada or back to U.S will be up to them to decide. I think U.S is great place to live but Canada is more worth of your hardwork compared to U.S if you could get settled and find a good job there. I have been to Canada couple of times and my friends are very happy with their lives. Most of them are living with their families and have no complaints about anything, not even with cold :)

I have a 2003 ford windstar which i bought for few bucks but it runs great. I have been to Eastern U.S states with no problems. If i sell it in U.S i wont get anything but if i export it to Canada and put another $500 to get it registered there, it is worth it as it still has few years to go. I dont want to finance or lease a new one in Canada until family is settled and things are calm, economically.

Yes, i have all the doucments ready but thinking to delay actual import as i wont be there in Canada and i dont want my wife to deal with inspections and repairs to get that registered at least not in first few months of landing. will see how things turn in a week or so ahead.

Good luck with you imm process. all the best.