+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i get points for studying on a scholarship that requires me to go home?

Tonton25

Jul 10, 2021
The question:
Did *NAME* study in Canada based on an award that required them to go back to their home country to apply their knowledge and skills?
I have a letter of no objection from the institution that awarded me the scholarship stating that I am under no obligation to go home. Can I answer NO to this question and provide this supporting letter in my official PR application if I am invited to apply? If I answer YES I will lose the points for studying in Canada.

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
The question:
Did *NAME* study in Canada based on an award that required them to go back to their home country to apply their knowledge and skills?
I have a letter of no objection from the institution that awarded me the scholarship stating that I am under no obligation to go home. Can I answer NO to this question and provide this supporting letter in my official PR application if I am invited to apply? If I answer YES I will lose the points for studying in Canada.
If you’re not required to go back home then the answer to this question is no. And once you answer no, you’ll get points for Canadian study. But just keep in mind once you study in canada you will ultimately get your PR. Doesn’t matter if it’s direct EE or CEC/PNP.

Tonton25

Jul 10, 2021
If you’re not required to go back home then the answer to this question is no. And once you answer no, you’ll get points for Canadian study. But just keep in mind once you study in canada you will ultimately get your PR. Doesn’t matter if it’s direct EE or CEC/PNP.
what do you mean i will ultimately get PR regardless of direct Express Entry or CEC/PNP? How is this guaranteed?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
what do you mean i will ultimately get PR regardless of direct Express Entry or CEC/PNP? How is this guaranteed?
It's not guaranteed by any means.

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
after studies you’ll get your PGWP and you’ll be able to gain points for Canadian experience. Besides, once you start working you may find employers willing to support your pnp application or extend you a job offer. So I mean to say you’ll have various options available. You can check on forums if you find anyone who failed to get PR after studies (unless someone violates their temporary residency conditions or mess up with their case by filling it wrong or submitting bogus docs. Other possibility is criminal or medical inadmissibility.