+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i get lmo though im on study status

khan5858

Mar 9, 2014
plzz help me out

i studied in private college . on of the agent here told me i can get lmo in alberta so can you plzz help me that its my study will convert in work permit though i dont have public college degree .

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
khan5858 said:
plzz help me out

i studied in private college . on of the agent here told me i can get lmo in alberta so can you plzz help me that its my study will convert in work permit though i dont have public college degree .
What school is it?

The PGWP is a federal program so if your college does not qualify for a PGWP in one province, it will not qualify in any other province

A Labour Market Opnion (LMO) is something that an employer applies for with HRDC Canada for an foriegn employee it wants to hire. Its a lengthy process and most employers are not willing to go through the time and expense. However with an approved LMO you can get a work permit to work for that employer. It has nothing to do with the PGWP program.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khan5858 said:
plzz help me out

First, not sure if your college falls in approved list for PGWP as you didn't mention the name of the college.
Secondly, why bother about college name as you didn't even complete the program.

Third, converting from student status to work permit without completing studies (of course PGWP isn't the case in the situation being discussed) is very difficult, chances are pretty slim. Indeed the process takes time, but it's not about time, it's about approval.

Agents here (specifically desi agents) will never say no to anything as it's in our blood to say yes for everything, kara dengay ji. Anyway, if he is charging more than 10K for this deal and that too in advance, I would never recommend this option as you might end up loosing what you have now.

Now, not to demotivate you, it does work in rare cases and your case can be on of them. But it's up-to you to decide if you can afford this gamble.

khan5858

Mar 9, 2014
he is charging like 5000k and pay when you work. but i wanna know he is telling me that you will get gas station job and this process will take 2 months 1 month for lmo and 1 month for work permit in alberta

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
khan5858 said:
he is charging like 5000k and pay when you work. but i wanna know he is telling me that you will get gas station job and this process will take 2 months 1 month for lmo and 1 month for work permit in alberta
Ok how long will the WP be valid for? What are you going to be getting paid at the gas station? Even if you get $15/hr and work a 40 hour week, after taxes your take home pay will be a little over $2k/month. With all of your living expenses etc., you have to decide if it is worth paying the $5k to the agent.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khan5858 said:
It is ILLEGAL for an agent to charge a jobseeker. If you have a job agent asking you to pay him 5k to find you a job, RUN THE OTHER WAY!