+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I get G license in Ontario directly? with Indian license and recently expired US license

Sindan

Jun 17, 2017
Hi All,

I have a recently expired US license and a valid Indian driving license ( I have an International driving permit and the particulars letter from Indian RTO too).
I have driven and owned a car in the US for 8 years also, from 2005 - 2013.

1) In Ontario, can I get a G license directly?

2) with these documents, can I get the G2 at least?

3) what are these supporting documents to show for 'proof of driving experience'?

Though, I really wish I don't have to own or drive cars anymore. I have moved away from that kinda lifestyle ;)

Thank you,

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Ontario will exchange an expired full class license if it expired less than a year at the time of exchange. You could still get the Driving Record for your US license as well if you wish to exchange it. There might be other conditions applicable - for example has to be recent 2 years driving history. I'm not sure about about this.

There are others on this forum who have successfully exchanged their Indian DL for a G2 or G license. Search this forum and try contacting those folks directly.

Good Luck!

amanb014

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
Ontario will exchange an expired full class license if it expired less than a year at the time of exchange. You could still get the Driving Record for your US license as well if you wish to exchange it. There might be other conditions applicable - for example has to be recent 2 years driving history. I'm not sure about about this.

There are others on this forum who have successfully exchanged their Indian DL for a G2 or G license. Search this forum and try contacting those folks directly.

Good Luck!
Does anyone know if this is true about exchanging up to 1-year expired US license? It seems they need a "valid" license.