+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i Change my Cic profile after getting invitation?

Amcr7

Aug 8, 2020
Can i make changes into my cic profile after getting invitation. My overall score is 505 and cutoff was 470. But i choose master degree in my profile but Wes evaluate my master degree into post graduate diploma. Now I realize that I have to choose other option "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees". Then my score will be 498. I am so worried now my point drop by 7. But i am still eligible for cutoff. Is it is negative for my profile. Please help?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Your profile is locked, so you can't update it unless you decline the ITA. However, if you're sure the points drop will still leave you above the cutoff, you may choose to proceed with the application for PR, and indicate the correct choice there.

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Your profile is locked, so you can't update it unless you decline the ITA. However, if you're sure the points drop will still leave you above the cutoff, you may choose to proceed with the application for PR, and indicate the correct choice there.
That's weird. Once you have the ITA you have to verify your profile. I had the wrong NOC in mine. I called cic and asked if I needed to cancel the ITA but they told me to fix it when I verify the profile after the ITA.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Can i make changes into my cic profile after getting invitation. My overall score is 505 and cutoff was 470. But i choose master degree in my profile but Wes evaluate my master degree into post graduate diploma. Now I realize that I have to choose other option "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees". Then my score will be 498. I am so worried now my point drop by 7. But i am still eligible for cutoff. Is it is negative for my profile. Please help?
you can make changes in eAPR, as long as your score is above the cut off, you will not have any issues. Also check the if you are still meeting the 67 points with those changes

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Apparently the profile is NOT locked. You can modify your profile after ITA but make sure (1) your new score is still equal or above the cut-off of your round, and (2) explain all the post-ITA modifications in your LOE.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
I'm just quoting from the website:

Candidates are responsible for ensuring that the information in their Express Entry profile is up-to-date and accurate at all times.

Candidates’ Express Entry profiles are automatically locked when they are issued an ITA. Candidates can only revise their profile information if they formally decline the ITA through their online account; however, their information may be updated in their APR.

If a candidate realizes after having been issued an ITA that their circumstance has changed or that the information in their profile is no longer accurate, the candidate is instructed to recalculate their CRS score.

Where there is a change in circumstance and the candidate goes forward with submitting an APR, the candidate must ensure that the change in circumstance is properly reflected in their APR.

Candidates are encouraged to decline an ITA if their recalculated CRS score falls below the lowest ranked candidate in their round of invitations.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Please read the instruction carefully.

Candidates are responsible for ensuring that the information in their Express Entry profile is up-to-date and accurate at all times.

Candidates’ Express Entry profiles are automatically locked when they are issued an ITA. Candidates can only revise their profile information if they formally decline the ITA through their online account; however, their information may be updated in their APR.

If a candidate realizes after having been issued an ITA that their circumstance has changed or that the information in their profile is no longer accurate, the candidate is instructed to recalculate their CRS score.

Where there is a change in circumstance and the candidate goes forward with submitting an APR, the candidate must ensure that the change in circumstance is properly reflected in their APR.

Candidates are encouraged to decline an ITA if their recalculated CRS score falls below the lowest ranked candidate in their round of invitations.

Amcr7

Aug 8, 2020
I change the option from Master degree to Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. After that I payed the fees. I'm thinking like if cic think I do fraud with them and to get the invitation and now I'm making changes that decease my point by 7 points. But I'm still in cutoff.

cancan90

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
Hello people. My daughter was born on 28-07-2020. I couldn't get time to update this information on my EE profile because of postpartum complications. I received ITA on the 5th of august. Now her passport and Birth certificate will show the date of birth pre-ITA. How should I proceed with the PR application and explain in a letter of explanation that I couldn't add a child in my profile or what else I can do?