+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I change employer on a closed work permit?

Sunny1210

Feb 11, 2022
I m on closed work permit and after receipt of permit my employer asking huge amount from me ,if I will not pay he is asking he will cancel my work permit and terminate me.
What to do.

asdib

Mar 3, 2023
Hi, I got a PNP from NS then applied for both a work permit and permanent residence at the same time, the closed work permit was accepted first so I came to Canada and started working for my employer while waiting for my PR to process. Till then do I need an open work permit if I wanna change my job? if yes should it be easy to get one since I have a PR application being processed?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I got a PNP from NS then applied for both a work permit and permanent residence at the same time, the closed work permit was accepted first so I came to Canada and started working for my employer while waiting for my PR to process. Till then do I need an open work permit if I wanna change my job? if yes should it be easy to get one since I have a PR application being processed?
You need to obtain a BOWP in order to be able to change jobs. If you applied for PR under an employer supported program, then changing to a new employer could negatively impact your PR application and result in the nomination being withdrawn or the application being refused at the federal level. Make sure you understand the implications before you switch employers.

Shergamer

Feb 11, 2024
Hi there, I know guys how it's net easy, I just want to know I'm also on closed work permit, my question, can I apply for any provincial like Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot?