+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I appeal CIC refusal decision

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi the same thing happened to me today. Are you thinking about appealing or just try your luck again?
Appealing this kind of refusal is usually futile. The onus is on the applicant to submit a complete application - if you didn't do that, your file was rightly rejected and there are no grounds to reopen the case. You can try emailing asking them to reconsider and reopen, but don't expect to be successful. You should assume that you will have to do the whole thing again.

Feb 12, 2019
Hi the same thing happened to me today. Are you thinking about appealing or just try your luck again?
Hi Sanjan,

Sorry for delay in response.

I sent the webform to explain that there is some mistake and it does meet the requirements as per NOC. for the first time I made a mistake by sending the same reference letter instead of getting the detailed experience letter. The officer have replied to that email and closed the application.

I did not appeal because the appeal process is very cumbersome and expensive. We checked with Ontario for the nomination that we had and they agreed to reissue it. We will apply again as my partner's IELTS score are expired, we are waiting for the IELTS exams to start again in Melbourne. Hopefully, he will get scores that we need, then we will apply with 2 applications one being me as a primary applicant and second with my husband being the primary applicant.