+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I add a letter while submitting my CEC application?

rstd

Nov 25, 2011
Hi All,

I would request your help in clarifying something that can help me in submitting my application.

I have recently been accepted into one of Canada's best Business schools and want to apply for CEC PR asap. Instead of doing Study Permit, I would prefer a PR as getting loans would be easy enough. While submitting my apllication, can I add a letter explaining my situation?

Can this any way expedite my apllication?

Please let me know. Thanks much in advance.

Regards, RSTD

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
How can you apply under the CEC class if you dont intend to study and then gain work experience which is the criteria to apply under this sector ?

Pouce

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
science
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2011
Med's Request
21-Sep-2011
Med's Done....
16-NOv-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2012
what can you do till u get PR. it will take 15 month for CEC. do you have a valid visa ?

rstd

Nov 25, 2011
I am actually working in Canada for last 2.5 years, have a valid visa/Work permit and am ready to file an CEC application.

Regards, RSTD

Pouce

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattle
NOC Code......
science
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2010
AOR Received.
03-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Mar-2011
Med's Request
21-Sep-2011
Med's Done....
16-NOv-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-Aug-2012
LANDED..........
12-Aug-2012
Hi if you are qualified for CEC such as education and work experience, you should apply right away.
can you explain what kind of letter you are going to write to CIC? i dont think it wont help though.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
If you are qualified to apply for CEC, go ahead, and do it ASAP. It is possible that it will be processed in time, but you should still plan on applying for a new study permit.

Your interest in going back to school is not relevant to the CIC application, nor will it "expedite" the processing. The only thing that will expedite processing is to make sure you have completed the forms completely and correctly and that you submit all required supporting documents.

commentbyiz

Oct 31, 2011
rstd said:
Hi All,

I would request your help in clarifying something that can help me in submitting my application.

I have recently been accepted into one of Canada's best Business schools and want to apply for CEC PR asap. Instead of doing Study Permit, I would prefer a PR as getting loans would be easy enough. While submitting my apllication, can I add a letter explaining my situation?

Can this any way expedite my apllication?

Please let me know. Thanks much in advance.

Regards, RSTD
You're asking if you getting into business school will mean that you can go ahead of the line of people who've already applied under CEC??

In other words, "Dear officer: I was recently accepted into one of Canada's best business schools. I know you have many people who've already applied under CEC and are qualified to gain their PR when their turn comes. But, since i've gotten into one of Canada's best business schools, please process my application earlier than these plebes."

Is that the question?

rstd

Nov 25, 2011
Take it light man. I am not here to say to process my application earlier than others. If yyou understand, I wanted to if I can put a letter explaining my situation, not to ask the Visa officer to process it earlier than others.

Take it cool man. When you get your turn, you will get a lot of chances to paraphrase someone. Thanks

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
commentbyiz said:
You're asking if you getting into business school will mean that you can go ahead of the line of people who've already applied under CEC??

In other words, "Dear officer: I was recently accepted into one of Canada's best business schools. I know you have many people who've already applied under CEC and are qualified to gain their PR when their turn comes. But, since i've gotten into one of Canada's best business schools, please process my application earlier than these plebes."

Is that the question?
That's a little bit funny.

rstd said:
Take it light man. I am not here to say to process my application earlier than others. If yyou understand, I wanted to if I can put a letter explaining my situation, not to ask the Visa officer to process it earlier than others.

Take it cool man. When you get your turn, you will get a lot of chances to paraphrase someone. Thanks
I realize you are hoping to get cheaper tuition and I don't blame you. Pretty expensive. But it won't matter. The will process in order of receipt and your circumstances do not reflect anything that would be considered an "emergency" by CIC. However, on the bright side, CEC is getting much faster since CPC Ottawa came online. More processing changes are coming that should assist both CEC and PNP processing times.

commentbyiz

Oct 31, 2011
rstd said:

aight my bad.
i realize i came across as a dic*.
i guess we're all stressed.

umairz

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
AOR Received.
19-10-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-01-2012
ahhh, its all good. we are all frnds here... take it easy guys! ;)