Aug 12, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25 2012
Hello everyone,

I'm working with a PWGP and have two months left before I'm eligible to apply under CEC.

One of my co-workers is a very problematic lady. She has an history of mood breakdowns and she false accuses other co-workers of conspiring against her.

The work place is a drugstore, I am one of the two Assistant Managers. This lady is the other Assistant Manager and she's been mean to me. One co-worker said, "she treats you like an abused husband". She bosses me around and has humiliated me in front of other staff members.

The Front Store Manager, the Regional Director and the Human Resources Consultant know about this lady and her history. It hasn't got the point that she would get fired (she's been in the company for over 30 years so is not easy).

My boss (Front Store Manager) and other co-workers tell me to ignore her and stand my ground. If I feel she crosses the line with me I need to let them know as soon as possible so the situation can be dealt with.

If I do this (stand my ground and ignore her) she is going to flip and start complaining about me with the manager and other co-workers. That is not a big of a deal because the manager is aware of the situation.

This lady knows that I am on a visa and I'm working towards getting my residence. so my question is, can she accuse me with Immigration? She has lied about me in the past telling other co-workers and my boss of things that "I said" or "I did".

So if I start ignoring her and standing my ground, and she sees the manager doesn't do a thing she is going to get furious and I'm afraid she might call Immigration and make up a lie about me.

I am very professional and will not play her game, I've always respected her and is really sad because she is about 54 years old and we can't believe how she behaves.

I know if she crosses the line, Human Resources will take care of it but I'm afraid of her going the extra mile and try to get me in trouble. My manager said she can't believe why she wants to get me in trouble.

Any thoughts? suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she were to accuse you of something, surely you can ask the other coworkers to testify on your behalf about how she has been behaving towards you and that she is not completely ok in the head. Do not talk about your application to anybody at work. You do not want her to know that you are applying or when or the exact status of your application and better that she does not know your date of birth or your mailing address.

bravosix

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25 2012
Leon said:
If she were to accuse you of something, surely you can ask the other coworkers to testify on your behalf about how she has been behaving towards you and that she is not completely ok in the head. Do not talk about your application to anybody at work. You do not want her to know that you are applying or when or the exact status of your application and better that she does not know your date of birth or your mailing address.
Thanks for your response.

She knows that I'll be applying in May and she has access to my date of birth as is in my file. She can also get my mailing address as the paystubs come all in a package for the whole store employees and you can see the address of everyone.

I was thinking, if the worse were to happen, I would request a polygraph test (paid for myself if I have to) to proof whatever she is saying is not true. I just want to know if Immigration would give me the benefit of the doubt. She might even get "witnesses" (family members or who knows). As long as I can prove my self with a polygraph test I'm in peace.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Why not mobilize your defences beforehand? Tell your concerns to the store manager, and if he agrees, tell them to Human Resources. Then, if she should create trouble, you will have two unimpeachable witnesses to back you up. It helps to have the facts about your specific case registered with the bosses; it's not enough that they know in general that she is a wingnut.

Then, and tread carefully here, ask advice from Human Resources about whether to tell her that the odds would be against her if she should try to make trouble. If she knew this, she might be more careful.

if it got bad enough and you did not get the support of the Manager and Human Resources, consult a lawyer about bringing a libel suit against her. Sometimes a simple "cease and desist" letter will scare the aggressiveness out of her.

CAforCA

Jan 27, 2009
Doc's Request.
20th Jan 2010
AOR Received.
25th May 2010
IELTS Request
15th Dec 2009 Taken Score 7.5
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010
Med's Done....
11-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
6/1/2011
LANDED..........
25/6/2011 Yoo Hoo
My two cents

A citizen or a non citizen cannot have any bearing on your application and decision. If she files a police case then it has to be proven and till you are not indicted you will not have any problem as your application requires a clean police certificate. There is no way she is can approach the immigration to complain against you since it is very difficult to get thru their call center :p

On a serious note I would say these are your option
1. Change the job - it might be difficult but you can always move on if you plan ahead
2. File a police case against her and get a seize and desist warrant against her
3. File a report with your drug store owner/HR in writing so that there is proof in writing if it come to proving later on.
4. Confront her as in most case the bully will stop after being confronted.

And stop being so defensive about your immigration filing .. it is not a crime to file for immigration .. so do it with full confidence as no person can have any negative or positive impact on your file.

Good luck and keep us updated on what option you choose.

bravosix

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25 2012
Thank you all for the advice.

Human resources and my manager now about the situation and told me if there is anything she does again that makes me feel uncomfortable I have to let them know immediatly.

So far so good because she is been on holidays.

Anything new comes up I'll post it here.

Thanks

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
One of the best tricks I ever learnt from my mother was the following:

If the manager or anyone else is a bully to you and says something out of line.

Then say: "I beg your pardon. Did I understand you to just say <horrible rotten thing>."

They usually say "No, No I didn't say that."

Then say "Oh I must have misunderstood you then." And walk away.

If they say "Yes, I just did say that horrible rotten thing."

Then you say, "And you thought that was appropriate?" They usually don't get this far but if they do say "Yes, I thought what I said is was appropriate."

Smile, say "Interesting." And walk away.

Drives bullies nuts.

bravosix

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 25 2012
Thanks for the advice.

I got a job offer from anoter company and they offer more mone! Ill be leaving in one month :)

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Fantastic!!! Don't forget to tell your manager on your exit interview that the other manager was the reason you are leaving.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
For as long as you are not convicted in a Canadian court of any crime, it cannot affect your PR application, nor I think that lady can do anything to harm your application. Just ignore that rude lady.

bravosix said:
Hello everyone,

I'm working with a PWGP and have two months left before I'm eligible to apply under CEC.

One of my co-workers is a very problematic lady. She has an history of mood breakdowns and she false accuses other co-workers of conspiring against her.

The work place is a drugstore, I am one of the two Assistant Managers. This lady is the other Assistant Manager and she's been mean to me. One co-worker said, "she treats you like an abused husband". She bosses me around and has humiliated me in front of other staff members.

The Front Store Manager, the Regional Director and the Human Resources Consultant know about this lady and her history. It hasn't got the point that she would get fired (she's been in the company for over 30 years so is not easy).

My boss (Front Store Manager) and other co-workers tell me to ignore her and stand my ground. If I feel she crosses the line with me I need to let them know as soon as possible so the situation can be dealt with.

If I do this (stand my ground and ignore her) she is going to flip and start complaining about me with the manager and other co-workers. That is not a big of a deal because the manager is aware of the situation.

This lady knows that I am on a visa and I'm working towards getting my residence. so my question is, can she accuse me with Immigration? She has lied about me in the past telling other co-workers and my boss of things that "I said" or "I did".

So if I start ignoring her and standing my ground, and she sees the manager doesn't do a thing she is going to get furious and I'm afraid she might call Immigration and make up a lie about me.

I am very professional and will not play her game, I've always respected her and is really sad because she is about 54 years old and we can't believe how she behaves.

I know if she crosses the line, Human Resources will take care of it but I'm afraid of her going the extra mile and try to get me in trouble. My manager said she can't believe why she wants to get me in trouble.

Any thoughts? suggestions?

Thanks in advance