+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Call Centre Jobs

PG12

Sep 22, 2016
Hello everyone,
Can anybody shed some light on the call centre jobs in canada ?
How much is the pay andwhich major cities have this kind of job ?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Well if you google Canada call centre jobs salary you will likely get an answer, average seems to be 15 / 16 dollars an hour for a basic job

Obviously you need to be authorised to work in Canada

Last edited:

CheChe R.

Aug 18, 2020
Well if you google Canada call centre jobs salary you will likely get an answer, average seems to be 15 / 16 dollars an hour for a basic job

Obviously you need to be authorised to work in Canada
Hi everyone, I hope everyone is doing good and well during this trying time.

How about the with noc 2282 and applying outside canada? My 10 years experience revolves in call center industry.

May I kindly get an alternative or advise as to how I can get a job and land to Canada, please?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi everyone, I hope everyone is doing good and well during this trying time.

How about the with noc 2282 and applying outside canada? My 10 years experience revolves in call center industry.

May I kindly get an alternative or advise as to how I can get a job and land to Canada, please?
It is almost impossible to secure a job from outside Canada given employers are simply not willing to take the risk unless someone has unique skills not readily available in the country unlikely for call centers.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
It is almost impossible to secure a job from outside Canada given employers are simply not willing to take the risk unless someone has unique skills not readily available in the country unlikely for call centers.

Throw in a pandemic into the equation that causes millions to be unemployed and your chances decrease even further .
There would be individuals here that could perform the duties before a company would go overseas to hire someone

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Going back to the wages, really is determined by the organization. Public or private sector . Public tends to pay more . I remember seeing postings for the 311 call centre in Toronto. Wages started @ $30.00/hr. I did a stint in the EI call centre . Starting $25/hr. Banks etc tend to pay a bit more than minimum, and some will pay out bonuses connected if the organization hits a certain metric for profit
But you gotta look at the overall pay package . Are there benefits ? Pension contributions? Etc

Reactions: PG12

PG12

Sep 22, 2016
Going back to the wages, really is determined by the organization. Public or private sector . Public tends to pay more . I remember seeing postings for the 311 call centre in Toronto. Wages started @ $30.00/hr. I did a stint in the EI call centre . Starting $25/hr. Banks etc tend to pay a bit more than minimum, and some will pay out bonuses connected if the organization hits a certain metric for profit
But you gotta look at the overall pay package . Are there benefits ? Pension contributions? Etc
So If someone has a proper work experience in call centre kind of role, he can expect this much of salary package, if the job seeker is proficient and in advance level in terms of speaking english ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Many call centres that pay around $15-20/hr on contract. Many are in smaller towns or regions that have a lower minimum wage. Many are contract jobs with no benefits. $30 would definitely be a unionized government job not a typical call centre.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So If someone has a proper work experience in call centre kind of role, he can expect this much of salary package, if the job seeker is proficient and in advance level in terms of speaking english ?
Basically what is being said is that you should make any plans based on the lower 15-20 dollar mark and if you get anything more take that as a bonus.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Definitely not. The higher paid jobs are much more competitive and Canadian experience tends to be valued vs any international experience.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
No, as mentioned if it’s a higher wage it would be in a unionized environment. Example the City of Toronto 311 centre .
The competition for unionized environments is extremely high. For example, a friend works in the 311 centre . When there are postings there are literally thousands of applications. Bank call centres as well have a rigorous evaluation process, including multiple security checks .
As mentioned, Canadian experience outweighs any international experience. If you already have authorization to work in Canada example PR status, you more than likely have to start out working at the bottom of the ladder to get experience then work your way up .
If you don’t have authorization to work in Canada, unfortunately the chances of getting a job offer in a call centre is virtually nil. There are many individuals here that can fill the positions, so companies would not go thru the time & expense in sponsoring a foreign national

Reactions: canuck78