Passport Req..
PPR-1 at 09-10-13, PPR-2 at 24-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
On-line Status:Decision Made at 26-10-13
LANDED..........
Planning
Hi everyone,
Good day,
I can understand that sometimes, it's challenging and stressful to find a suitable residence for your early few days of arrival, in a new country and specially, if you are landing with family. Once, I was in the same boat, so I can totally relate to this. Now, Alhamdulillah, I am settled here. I have a newly developed 2 bedroom basement in my home to offer. It has two good sized bedrooms , two full washrooms, kitchen, living room and separate entrance. It's only 10-12 minutes drive from Calgary airport, at 5 minutes walk to City Transit bus stop. We are open to offer it for few days to couple of weeks and meanwhile, you can find a permanent residence of your choice.
If you are looking such a place for initial few days, it might be of your interest, then.
Don't hesitate to contact me.
Thanks,

Last edited:

zaheer2003

Oct 4, 2017
Hi everyone,
Good day,
I can understand that sometimes, it's challenging and stressful to find a suitable residence for your early few days of arrival, in a new country and specially, if you are landing with family. Once, I was in the same boat, so I can totally relate to this. Now, Alhamdulillah, I am settled here. I have a newly developed 2 bedroom basement in my home to offer. It has two good sized bedrooms , two full washrooms, kitchen, living room and separate entrance. It's only 10-12 minutes drive from Calgary airport, at 5 minutes walk to City Transit bus stop. We are open to offer it for few days to couple of weeks and meanwhile, you can find a permanent residence of your choice.
If you are looking such a place for initial few days, it might be of your interest, then.
Thanks,
May ALLAH G bless u for this help to others.

I am planing to land in Saskatoon may 2022 and facing same issue to find a better furnished place for few days. Kindly guide me how to do it in saskatoon from your personal experience.

Thanks and best regards

Reactions: Shaukat57

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I am planing to land in Saskatoon may 2022 and facing same issue to find a better furnished place for few days. Kindly guide me how to do it in saskatoon from your personal experience.

Thanks and best regards
Airbnb and hotels are some of your best bet.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,
Good day,
Thanks,
Would be helpful if you posted the prices. Unfortunately there are problems with people taking advantage of newcomers especially from their home country. Most people posting rentals don’t post prices which can mean they are overcharging.

Shaukat57

Nov 3, 2010
Multan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with Application
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted along with application
File Transfer...
08-04-2011(RBVO) ,In-process with processing date:18 -o6-12
Med's Request
April 02,2013.
Med's Done....
29-April-2013
Interview........
Waived,Alhamdulillah
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning

Thanks and best regards
Hi Zaheer,
Sorry for my late reply and Welcome to Canada.
Personally, I don't have any idea about Saskatoon. I think considering some hotel will be a good idea for short term basis. Meanwhile, keep on checking on Kijiji and Rentfaster Saskatoon. It will give you an idea about housing market, rent, etc. Once you are there, visit the short listed properties and decide. You can set some appointments a ahead of your landing, too.
Sorry that I was not much helpful!

Shaukat57

Nov 3, 2010
Multan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with Application
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted along with application
File Transfer...
08-04-2011(RBVO) ,In-process with processing date:18 -o6-12
Med's Request
April 02,2013.
Med's Done....
29-April-2013
Interview........
Waived,Alhamdulillah
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning
Would be helpful if you posted the prices. Unfortunately there are problems with people taking advantage of newcomers especially from their home country. Most people posting rentals don’t post prices which can mean they are overcharging.
Prices are subjected to duration of stay and number of bedrooms required and that's why normally not posted here. Regarding taking advantage, one may come across with such cunning person but everyone is not the same. Thanks

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Prices are subjected to duration of stay and number of bedrooms required and that's why normally not posted here. Regarding taking advantage, one may come across with such cunning person but everyone is not the same. Thanks
#1. Feel free to charge ONE MILLION DOLLARS for half bedroom if you want, it is YOUR house, you decide what to charge for it. Don't be shy about making profit. If anyone is willing to pay you million for it, go for it. I exaggerate, of course, and don't think you can charge a million for a basement. My point is: YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO. You are not responsible for other individual's decision to rent it. It's THEIR responsibility to do market research and decide how much they should pay for something.

#2. I personally never rented. I know some people who do. Couple of them are good at it. The rest were burned. Unless you are a tough guy (look like you can break the head of someone who messes with you), you will have a difficult time enforcing the rules and collecting your rent, if your tenant is a bad person. You can file a claim in court for eviction, but it will take a long time to get it moving, and in the meantime your tenant can stay and destroy your property, without paying you a penny. If you rent to someone you know or from your hometown, it may work. Otherwise, my advise is: beware of tenants. Screen them properly. Some tenants are great (keep your property clean, pay on time and etc.), others are a disaster.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
That’s true . But by giving people an idea on how much the property is, they can choose to either contact you or not .

jakklondon

Oct 17, 2021
Also, it's a good idea to keep your price non-transparent. Always try to charge the MOST you can and make the biggest profit you can. This will be difficult, if you advertise the price right away. What if you ask $800 and someone is willing to pay $1600? You just cut yourself short of $800. So, hide the price, do all you can to charge the most. Be profitable!