Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I think the situation in Canada is highly educated people(doctors, etc) immigrate and because their education/work experience is not recognized, they end up driving cabs. Not necessarily that Canada has a shortage of cab drivers. You are welcome to apply to immigrate if you qualify. Start by exploring the various programs to find out if you qualify: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index-can.asp

Here are some questions to answer and it will help tell you decide: http://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/eapp.do;jsessionid=6075A6F075CBF108BBC9AA7E61BED16D

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not cab drivers but truck drivers. Do you have truck driving experience? Some provinces, BC, AB, SK, have immigration classes for long haul truck drivers. If you can get a job offer and a work permit, you have to work a few months and then you can apply for your immigration with the help of your employer.

NSBoy902

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
A few years ago, when I was in YK, there were looking for cab drives. I am not sure there is a special need or class for cab drivers for immigration purposes.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cab drivers in India cannot come here since they do not have education to qualify for immigration purposes.

Doctors, Engineers, IT professionals, Chartered Accountants and other highly qualified professionals have the education to qualify for immigration but dont have the Canadian work experience to work in their designated field of expertise. So the end up working as cab drivers in order to feed their families.

My suggestion would be come here get the Canadian passport and move to USA because opportunities are far better there for experienced professionals.

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
newtone said:
My suggestion would be come here get the Canadian passport and move to USA because opportunities are far better there for experienced professionals.
Really? I shudder at that kind of advice. That's part of the problem and the biggest reason why Citizenship applications are taking longer. Why advice folks to come feed off the system and move on?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As is said before there are far better opportunities thats the reason. And if the government is taking time to give citizenship to people who have actually satisfied citizenship requirements then 1) the government knows about the fact there are more opportunities in USA and 2) its the governments fault of not creating opportunities for immigrants whom they are bringing here under the false pretext that jobs exist in their fields when in fact it dosent 3) if there are no opportunities here then its pretty sadistic for the government to prevent people from looking at better opportunities elsewhere by holding on to their citizenship applications and allowing them to stay here and do miserable jobs.

mikeathome

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
newtone said:
As is said before there are far better opportunities thats the reason. And if the government is taking time to give citizenship to people who have actually satisfied citizenship requirements then 1) the government knows about the fact there are more opportunities in USA and 2) its the governments fault of not creating opportunities for immigrants whom they are bringing here under the false pretext that jobs exist in their fields when in fact it dosent 3) if there are no opportunities here then its pretty sadistic for the government to prevent people from looking at better opportunities elsewhere by holding on to their citizenship applications and allowing them to stay here and do miserable jobs.
The miserable part is that there's an immigration process which qualifies immigrants through a FSW program w/o telling the truth about Canadian employers have not yet arrived in the 21st century and still asking for 'Canadian Experience' from fresh immigrants while ignoring the knowledge and experience obtained abroad. Not even giving them an opportunity to proof whether they are qualified through an internship or probation period. This is the BS which culminates to a systematic approach of screwing Canada's reputation as an immigration country in the rest of the world...

I wrote a letter to the Star the other day, here's a short extract: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/%E2%80%9Ccanadian-experience%0B%E2%80%9D-a-systemic-unfair-employment-barrier-to-new-comers-t157766.0.html;msg2454833#msg2454833

sujitsood

Nov 12, 2013
I think those drivers want to maintain all rto rules they will go Canada, USA, Australia etc countries. In India taxi drivers job means very down category job but in develop countries its job good earnings. But now days picture has been change in India some private cabs companies like Olacabs, Merucabs needs good drivers with good communication skills who talk to the passengers and treat as good as.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In Montreal, and I assume in other cities, cab drivers used to earn a very good living before (in the 80s or 90s). Educated immigrants are required to redo some of the courses in universities to have their degree acknowledged. Sometimes it takes years (which of course no one wants to do), so they opt-out for easy good money making jobs like cab driving.

Now imagine with the increase in immigrants, the number of cab drivers increased causing a lower income. So cab driving is not like before...

sujitsood said:
I think those drivers want to maintain all rto rules they will go Canada, USA, Australia etc countries. In India taxi drivers job means very down category job but in develop countries its job good earnings. But now days picture has been change in India some private cabs companies like Olacabs, Merucabs needs good drivers with good communication skills who talk to the passengers and treat as good as.