+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buy a Franchise with an Open Work Permit

mora90

Aug 11, 2016
Hello, hope everything is going well around here.

I'm holding a work permit because my wife is studying in college. My boss is offering me a franchise of his business. Is a small business of property maintenance like cleaning windows, gutters, and all that stuff.

My question is if I can open the franchise with my current work permit or do I need to do a partnership?

Hope to get answers soon.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please don't bump your thread after just a few minutes. If you are expecting an answer within an hour - please hire a lawyer or consultant to assist you. Otherwise - please be ready to wait anywhere from a few hours to a few days for a free reply.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
mora90 said:
Hello, hope everything is going well around here.

I'm holding a work permit because my wife is studying in college. My boss is offering me a franchise of his business. Is a small business of property maintenance like cleaning windows, gutters, and all that stuff.

My question is if I can open the franchise with my current work permit or do I need to do a partnership?

Hope to get answers soon.

Thanks
just keep in mind that even though you may be able to buy into a franchise a question i cannot answer, that it will not add any benefit to any future PR application. So your investment could be at risk if you are not able eventually able to achieve PR status in the future and you have to return to home country.

maishou

May 1, 2015
You need to take a look your work permit, whether there any condition on it.
Some conditions will be written directly on your work permit.
These may include:
• the type of work you can do,
• the employer you can work for,
• where you can work, or
• how long you can work.
Regulation 185 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations lists all the conditions that may be put on your work permit.