+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Business and/or Tourist Temporary Resident Visa

S

Sparkle16

Hi - I am struggling with which is the best way to go. I have a family friend who will be applying for a TRV for entry into Canada and am unsure if we should just make the application from me personally to invite him over as a tourist or as a business associate as we are talking about working together. I have my own importing business and have just recently returned from a Turkish embassy sponsored trip to Istanbul and he is a small business owner in Istanbul who will help me in my business in Canada and we want to look at some opportunities in Canada to work together with our respective businesses. My business is fairly new and his is well established and he is sole owner of his business and also owns his own flat in Istanbul with money in the bank.

Should I just invite him as a family friend/tourist or as a potential business associate (we will in fact be visiting some shops in Calgary during his visit to establish some Canadian contacts for him.)

Any information on this would be valuable. Thanks for your imput!

accreddy

Star Member
May 20, 2009
There is no separate visa for doing business. Your friend could probably come on Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). He might have to check for some requirements in case he plans to do business.

For more information:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/visit/index.asp#business