+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BUNAC VISA and Vancouver

nikkif99uk

May 30, 2010
I'm a 25 year old graduate from England. I have secured a 12 month work permit for Canada which will be released to me as soon as I book my flights and insurance. Thoughts on best and cheapest airlines and insurance. Have heard Canadian Affair/Air Transat for flights and then ACE for insurance. Bearing in mind I need to book my return flight a year in advance or get one that won't cost a fortune to amend return flight date.

I'm planning to head out to Vancouver in November and hoping to get interning experience and eventual work in casting for TV/Film, have started emailing casting agencies and casting directors in hopes of getting an intership when I get out there.

Where do you think would be a good place to find a place to rent, I don't drive so would have to rely on buses and skytrain.

I did live in Vancouver 2 years ago as part of my year abroad for university and rented a room in a house off nainamo and pender which was nice and central sadly my landlady passed away at the beginning of this year so cannot return there.

Also how much money should I try and bring I think minimum like $500 but hoping to have saved £2000 by November

Planning on bringing the following toiletries/food items and wondered if these will be ok and if they will need declaring (I think everything has to be right including biscuits and chocolate right?)

Imperial leather foamburst showergel (aerosol)
dove deodorant (aerosol) am allergic to roll on and last time was in vancouver found it almost impossible to find aerosol deodorants everthing was roll on
Marmite
some chocolate
Bourbons, custard creams and choc digestive biscuits
walkers sensation crisps
batchelors super noodles
baked beans

Any advice greatly appreciated

Nikki

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you need to bring a bit more than 500 with you. If you are planning on renting a room, you will likely be paying one months rent and damage deposit or last month up front so that's at least 1000 and then you need to eat until you start to get paid.

You can look for housing on such websites as roomate.ca or craigslist or similar or you can check into a motel when you arrive and go through some newspaper ads.

I don't see a problem with the things you want to bring.

I can not advise you on insurance but with the flights, you should check air canada with flexible dates. You can get really good deals there sometimes.