+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buffalo or Beijing Visa Office for PR application after being nominated in AINP?

whatveIdone

Mar 3, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am getting the nomination from AINP (SRS H1b holder), but my H1b visa is expiring in one and half months and I won't be able to make more extension because of the 6-year limit.

Since I can't maintain the lawful status in the US for a period of one year, based on Buffalo Consulate website, I need to submit the PR application to the visa office in my home country, which would be in Beijing. I talked to the immigration officer from AINP. While he suggested to submit all the documents I can get before I leave the US to Buffalo, (obviously I won't be able to get fingerprint result in time,) indicating that I am leaving the US and will send the other documents later, then wait in Beijing for any further request, since Buffalo has much faster processing time than Beijing.

But I still have some concerns:

1) Buffalo visa office website clearly says that if the provincial nominee can't maintain one-year stay in the US, the person needs to submit the application to visa office in his/her home country. How strict is that rule? should I submit incompleted application package to Buffalo just because it is faster? but if they return my application, I would end up wasting more time.

2) Do any of you going through nomination immigration get interview request?

Many thanks,