+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BoWP)- Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker

alisaTRAN

Mar 25, 2020
Hello, Currently I reside in MB, Canada. I have AoR from IRCC, Confirmation of Nomination in MB and my current WP will expire on 1st May 2020, I apply BoWP in my CIC account. Unfortunately, I can NOT have a section open work permit to process. The result is just for Temporary Resident Visa only (extend WP outside Canada). Please help me advise ?

p/s: I follow your website steps closely. But so weird.

I would like to have an Open Work PErmit with the same Employer or a new Employer.

My Answers:
  • What would you like to do in Canada? WORK
  • How long are you planning to stay in Canada? TEMPORARILY - MORE THAN 6 MONTHS
  • What is your current country/territory of residence? CANADA
  • What is your current immigration status in Canada? WORKER
  • Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada? NO
  • Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada? YES
  • The offer of Employment (required) NO
  • Provincial Nominee Program Certificate (PNC) (required) YES
  • Do you have a written Job Offer? NO
Thank you

Jhegel

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Check ur answers once again!! I forgot the way how I answered!! But still, u can try changing ur answers! I think u can add YES for Do u have a written job offer. If u apply through PNP u shd have a letter from ur employer to support PNP. Check in that way! Don't worry u have still time to apply online! U can apply for a work permit even 24 hours before when ur current status expired! So take ur time and try! If u can't still access the correct online application call any immigration agents and ask help via phone. I know no one doing appointments at this time but they can help u over the phone! I am also in Manitoba!