+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BREAKDOWN IN MARRIAGE, SHOULD I WITHDRAW MY PR APPLICATION

saskboy

Jun 4, 2014
I need help from our experienced members here.
Here's my situation, me and my wife got separated 3 years ago but since there's no divorce here in the Philippines, I still put her as my spouse on my PR application (she is not accompanying me on my application.) I am still on a work permit and now I want to bring here my common partner (we have a son now) from the Philippines. So my questions are:

1. Do I need to withdraw my PR application and re-apply later?
2. Do I need to return to the Philippines and spend 1 year with my common partner just to prove it?
3. If I return and stay there for a year, will I be able to extend my work permit after my 1 year of stay back home?

Mrs. PR

Star Member
May 30, 2014
saskboy said:
I need help from our experienced members here.
Here's my situation, me and my wife got separated 3 years ago but since there's no divorce here in the Philippines, I still put her as my spouse on my PR application (she is not accompanying me on my application.) I am still on a work permit and now I want to bring here my common partner (we have a son now) from the Philippines. So my questions are:

1. Do I need to withdraw my PR application and re-apply later?
2. Do I need to return to the Philippines and spend 1 year with my common partner just to prove it?
3. If I return and stay there for a year, will I be able to extend my work permit after my 1 year of stay back home?
I know someone with the same situation, you can withdraw her from your application explaining the circumstances happened. U dont have to withdraw your whole application and re apply again. but then you should have a proof that u had been separated and that u are with your common law now. You may contact the help center for more details