Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
I came across a link where Canadian Bar Association clarified on Bridging Open Work Permit under Express Entry. Looks like we cannot apply BOWP basing on AORs.
Canadian Bar Association says "CIC has stated that bridge work permits under Express Entry will be available only after approval in principle of an application."

Here is the link (Para 13) "http://www.cba.org/cba/sections_cship/pdf/Express_Entry_Fact_Sheet_2014.pdf

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
Interesting piece to read, though I think there are two important things to note:

• Obviously it's produced by the CBA, not CIC.
  • It was produced in 2014, in advance of Express Entry.

Based on those two points, I don't think it's worth reading too much into this.

Has anyone reported not getting a BOWP, despite having an AOR (and otherwise eligible)?

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
arowberry said:
Interesting piece to read, though I think there are two important things to note:

• Obviously it's produced by the CBA, not CIC.
  • It was produced in 2014, in advance of Express Entry.

Based on those two points, I don't think it's worth reading too much into this.

Has anyone reported not getting a BOWP, despite having an AOR (and otherwise eligible)?
CIC is currently working on Work Permit Renewal application that is received on or before Jan 22, so it will be awhile before anything knows whether the AOR will work for BOWP or not. By then, I am sure most of the BOWP applicants will have received a positive eligibility, so can't really draw any conclusion from that.

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
ngelsa said:
CIC is currently working on Work Permit Renewal application that is received on or before Jan 22, so it will be awhile before anything knows whether the AOR will work for BOWP or not. By then, I am sure most of the BOWP applicants will have received a positive eligibility, so can't really draw any conclusion from that.
Very true.

Purely as a reference, this is what the CIC currently says on the subject of determining whether a positive eligibility decision has been made.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

For the purposes of determining if a positive eligibility assessment has been made, the processor will review if the Eligibility Assessment value is set to “Passed” in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). If this decision has not been entered yet, for the purposes of these instructions, a “positive eligibility assessment” will also be considered made when the following is confirmed in GCMS:

• For FSWP applications, the status of the Ministerial Instructions activity has been set to “Met” or a positive Final Determination of Eligibility letter or e-mail has been sent.
  • For PNP applications, the status of the Eligibility EC-QC/PNP activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).
  • For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.
  • For FSTP applications, the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
arowberry said:
Very true.

Purely as a reference, this is what the CIC currently says on the subject of determining whether a positive eligibility decision has been made.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp
Determining if a positive eligibility decision has been made

For the purposes of determining if a positive eligibility assessment has been made, the processor will review if the Eligibility Assessment value is set to “Passed” in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). If this decision has not been entered yet, for the purposes of these instructions, a “positive eligibility assessment” will also be considered made when the following is confirmed in GCMS:

For FSWP applications, the status of the Ministerial Instructions activity has been set to “Met” or a positive Final Determination of Eligibility letter or e-mail has been sent.
For PNP applications, the status of the Eligibility EC-QC/PNP activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).
For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.
For FSTP applications, the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.

I dont know why people collect documents from other sources when CIC is very clear

rasber

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
krishna19 said:
Determining if a positive eligibility decision has been made

For FSWP applications, the status of the Ministerial Instructions activity has been set to “Met” or a positive Final Determination of Eligibility letter or e-mail has been sent.
For PNP applications, the status of the Eligibility EC-QC/PNP activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).
For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.
For FSTP applications, the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.

I dont know why people collect documents from other sources when CIC is very clear
I was eligible for both FSW and CEC. But CIC invited me under FSW. Do I need to deprive the opportunity of applying BOWP even though I received AOR, since applying BOWP with AOR is CEC only privilege??
There are no clear instructions anywhere. CIC is confused without proper information even with their front-end staff. This is awful.

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
rasber said:
I was eligible for both FSW and CEC. But CIC invited me under FSW. Do I need to deprive the opportunity of applying BOWP even though I received AOR, since applying BOWP with AOR is CEC only privilege??
There are no clear instructions anywhere. CIC is confused without proper information even with their front-end staff. This is awful.
It may be worth your time to read the following thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/i-got-ita-under-fsw-have-questions-t269436.45.html

Various people discuss being given an ITA for FSW, when CEC is better fit. From what I have read, getting the paperwork for CEC is far less of a ball-ache than for FSW.

Some people report the possibility of changing PR steams by making a request via the following link:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

That aside, the CIC have been pretty using in providing straight forward, consistent messages. Pretty obnoxious to deal with.

You may find some value in the following thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bridging-open-work-permit-bowp-under-express-entry-connect-here-t272029.0.html

Doesn't help that CIC processing times for BOWP's is on the up. Not sure if many people have received a BOWP via Express Entry yet, so no solid information to base an application on.

rasber

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
arowberry said:
It may be worth your time to read the following thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/i-got-ita-under-fsw-have-questions-t269436.45.html

Various people discuss being given an ITA for FSW, when CEC is better fit. From what I have read, getting the paperwork for CEC is far less of a ball-ache than for FSW.

Some people report the possibility of changing PR steams by making a request via the following link:
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

That aside, the CIC have been pretty using in providing straight forward, consistent messages. Pretty obnoxious to deal with.

You may find some value in the following thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bridging-open-work-permit-bowp-under-express-entry-connect-here-t272029.0.html

Doesn't help that CIC processing times for BOWP's is on the up. Not sure if many people have received a BOWP via Express Entry yet, so no solid information to base an application on.
Thanks! for this valuable information.
However my lawyer says "Operational Bulletin 485-A – September 19, 2013" is an expired document and this was supposed to be applicable for PR applicants before the Express Entry. She said CIC will not honor 485-A. So this means they are yet to decide on BOWP cases. Lets wait and see.