+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - Reentry to Canada

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
Seniors ! Please help.

Can somebody reenter Canada from India on a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) ?

I am planning to apply for BOWP in the last week of October'13 as I am expecting AOR by then. I may need to go back to India in the last week of Nov'13 as my contract with the current employer is ending in Nov. So I may not receive BOWP by the time I leave Canada. But I can give my friend's address in Canada to receive BOWP , he can courier to me to my Indian address. I will apply for TRV from India using BOWP. Can I re-enter Canada from India if I find a job offer with any of the emploers in Canada ? Please help. Did any body go through same situation ?

1. Do I need to stay in Canada till my BOWP application processing is completed ?
2. Is it fine if I apply for BOWP while I am in Canada and leave after a few days(before BOWP is approved) and can come back later ?
3. Do they check my status in Canada at the time of approving BOWP and reject my application ?

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
My understanding is that you can stay in Canada while your BOWP is been processed. You will be under "implied status" for that time.

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
cecbear said:
My understanding is that you can stay in Canada while your BOWP is been processed. You will be under "implied status" for that time.
Thanks cecbar for reply.
But I could not be able to stay in Canada till I receive my BOWP. I have to leave once I apply BOWP as I am here in Canada on ICT(Intra Company Transfer) from an Indian Company, I have to go back to India and work from there by end of Nov'13.
My question is do I need to stay in Canada till I receive my BOWP or can I apply for it in Canada and go back to India once it is approved, can I come back again ?

Vik1112

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CCP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF & Biodata 23-12-2013
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Request
24-12-2013
Med's Done....
06-01-2014 (eCAS received 02-02-2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa exepmt
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2014 (received in mail 05-02-2014)
LANDED..........
06-02-2014 at Peace bridge
waitstartedaug13 said:
Thanks cecbar for reply.
But I could not be able to stay in Canada till I receive my BOWP. I have to leave once I apply BOWP as I am here in Canada on ICT(Intra Company Transfer) from an Indian Company, I have to go back to India and work from there by end of Nov'13.
My question is do I need to stay in Canada till I receive my BOWP or can I apply for it in Canada and go back to India once it is approved, can I come back again ?
You don't have to stay in Canada until the permit is approved, but it's always good to have a peace of mind leaving with a new document on hand. They will process your BOWP based on the documents you submitted at the time of application and will mail it to the address you indicate on your application form. If you qualify for BOWP you'll get approved regardless of where you're physically present at that time. But make sure your friend gets it to you on time before your trip back to Canada. You will need an original copy at the port of entry. So if you're certain you qualify and the permit will be approved, and you must go back to India, go ahead and take a trip. I travel on BOWP to U.S. all the time and no questions asked at the Canadian border upon return.