+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Both spouses PR holders living outside Canada - Ctizenship eligibility

ustocanada49

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
Hi All,

I read a little confusing para from CIC website about PR status physical preseqnce requirement that said th eexception to the rule is a pR holder living abroad with a PR spouse.The para did continue and ended with persons wrking in Armed forces etc but not sure if the para meant to say PR spouse shoud be working in armed forces etc.

Now , my questions is, do I continue to accrue physical presence days if I am living ourstside canada but if my spouse is also a PR holder?
Btw, my spouse is a stay at home mom

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

I read a little confusing para from CIC website about PR status physical preseqnce requirement that said th eexception to the rule is a pR holder living abroad with a PR spouse.The para did continue and ended with persons wrking in Armed forces etc but not sure if the para meant to say PR spouse shoud be working in armed forces etc.

Now , my questions is, do I continue to accrue physical presence days if I am living ourstside canada but if my spouse is also a PR holder?
Btw, my spouse is a stay at home mom
Not sure what you're confused about. It very clearly states that for time outside of Canada to count for citizenship, one of you must be employed by the Canadian Armed Forces, federal public administration or public service of a province or territory.