+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Border Crossing from USA to QC for Intra Company Transfers

MicheleJeanne

Oct 7, 2020
Hi,

As entrepreneurs from the US, we created a subsidiary in QC in May 2020 and applied in June for an Intra Company Transfer visa with the goal of PR. Obviously, due to COVID-19 there are delays, but I'm wondering if there has been any movement for approvals to cross the border from the USA for entrepreneurs. We would like to be in QC, while following all safety guidelines, and grow the biz there. Meantime, I'm happy to see in the news that family reunification, people with humanitarian reasons, and international students will be able to cross. Thank you in advance for any feedback.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

As entrepreneurs from the US, we created a subsidiary in QC in May 2020 and applied in June for an Intra Company Transfer visa with the goal of PR. Obviously, due to COVID-19 there are delays, but I'm wondering if there has been any movement for approvals to cross the border from the USA for entrepreneurs. We would like to be in QC, while following all safety guidelines, and grow the biz there. Meantime, I'm happy to see in the news that family reunification, people with humanitarian reasons, and international students will be able to cross. Thank you in advance for any feedback.
You'll be able to cross as soon as your ICT has been approved.

In terms of allowing you to enter before your work permit is approved, I don't see that happening (while the travel ban is in place) since your reasons for traveling will be non-essential. You won't be able to start any work in Canada towards your business until the work permit is approved. Up until then, you'd be visitors which falls under the non-essential category and there's no reason for you to need to be in Canada.

Work permits are being processed, although more slowly (all categories of applications are slow right now). Hopefully you'll hear something soon and good luck.

MicheleJeanne

Oct 7, 2020
You'll be able to cross as soon as your ICT has been approved.

In terms of allowing you to enter before your work permit is approved, I don't see that happening (while the travel ban is in place) since your reasons for traveling will be non-essential. You won't be able to start any work in Canada towards your business until the work permit is approved. Up until then, you'd be visitors which falls under the non-essential category and there's no reason for you to need to be in Canada.

Work permits are being processed, although more slowly (all categories of applications are slow right now). Hopefully you'll hear something soon and good luck.
Thank you very much for the quick reply and information. Much appreciated!