+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Booking ticket before citizenship ceremony and passport

AviusAnima

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had booked a ticket to the US with their old passport (no US visa)

I currently have Country's A passport which doesn't have a US visa and doesn't allow dual citizenship.

I have my Canadian citizenship ceremony soon but would like to apply for an urgent passport.

Can I book a ticket with my old passport (non US visa) and then inform them at the airport that I'll be flying with my Canadian passport?

Just wanted to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

Lastly, instead of a ticket booking can I show a self attested document stating why I need the urgent passport?

Thanks in advance.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
You usually don't need your passport information to book a plane ticket, it's only needed at the check-in step and in the airport, so nothing stops you from buying it...

Reactions: bellaluna and RTVM

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Airlines LOVE it when you buy tickets without proving that you can fly there. No, really. They do.

Can I book a ticket with my old passport (non US visa) and then inform them at the airport that I'll be flying with my Canadian passport?
Agreed, you'd only need to present a visa/passport during check-in (as early as 24 hours before the flight), but you can always also fill this out and save it in your account online after you get your Canadian passport to facilitate the check-in process.